We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Return flight From Dalman

Southampton, United...
4 posts
Return flight From Dalman

Hi all,

We are visiting the Orka Lotus beach between Icmeler and Marmaris in a couple of weeks, we are flying with Thomas Cook, I know there used to be restrictions On what you could take in your hand luggage, i.e laptops and iPad, are these restrictions to them please?

7 replies to this topic
Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,203 posts
212 reviews
1. Re: Return flight From Dalman

No, the restrictions were lifted last year. You can take them in your hand luggage now - but make sure they are charged as you are likely to be asked to turn them on when you go through the security checks at Dalaman.

Southampton, United...
4 posts
2. Re: Return flight From Dalman

Thanks for the reply

Mark

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
55 reviews
3. Re: Return flight From Dalman

Only comment is why stay there?

Many great hotels in ichmeler at a fraction of the price with loads of brilliant restaurants.

You could save a fortune

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
46 reviews
4. Re: Return flight From Dalman

The hotel the OP picked is an excellent hotel with great ratings. As an AI hotel sometimes the food can be a bit naff in some AI's but this one seems to be very good. If going with a family AI can be a great choice for many, the cost of drinks all day soft drinks can be expensive. Entertainment is also provided at hotel which may be another consideration for others.

Yes there is plenty of great accommodation and great bars/restaurants, its really down to your circumstances and what is important for you on holiday.

My circumstances are perhaps different from OP, there are only 2 slightly mature adults and we prefer eating out trying local restaurants so s/c suits us

Southampton, United...
4 posts
5. Re: Return flight From Dalman

We stayed At the Orka Sunlife in Oludeniz a couple of years ago and loved it, thought it was a great chain of hotels but wanted to try a different area of Turkey, we are traveling with two kids (12 & 16) so the all-inclusive is good as if they don’t like something they can try a different dish without worrying about the cost, also being between Icmeler and marmaris thought it would be a good base for some trips to both

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,709 posts
45 reviews
6. Re: Return flight From Dalman

It’s “horses for courses” so I think it’s wrong to criticise people for going AI. Myself I prefer self-catering but when I holiday with my daughter and family they prefer AI ... they know that all food and drink is paid for and what they have left to spend (sometimes eating out if they want).

Jak xx

Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Return flight From Dalman

Never been all in but I would say it's a good bet the kids soon mount up with the drinks and ice creams it's your holiday do as you please and enjoy

Reply to: Return flight From Dalman
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations