We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 weeks before hols Thomson cancel flight

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
6 weeks before hols Thomson cancel flight

Have never been so stressed got phone call Thurs stating our flight was cancelled from Newcastle we went to travel agent they said we could fly from Manchester no way we live 15mins from Newcastle there is 2kids goin got it sorted can't thank Hays for what they have sorted for us it was very emotional so we were going with Thomson's now we are going with Thomas Cook to a different hotel we have been before which is lovely

Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 weeks before hols Thomson cancel flight

Good to see you got things sorted.did they give a reason lack of customers ??

Don't know if it's a Turkish thing with Thomson's it seems to be happening quite a lot

Years ago they were the number one company.we always tried to go with them.theyre hotels were always the best for quality in any resort.

Don't know whats happened to them

Good luck

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 weeks before hols Thomson cancel flight

All they said they couldn't fill plane wouldn't answer nothing more I will never book with Thomson again what it would of cost them to get us to Manchester etc it was cheaper us goin from Newcastle with a different company but Hays have had to cough up not Thomson's

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
262 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 weeks before hols Thomson cancel flight

hi kaz

I totally agree with you

i would never use a company again if they cancelled leaving me in the lurch like Thomson did to you, they really do not give a toss about the disappointment they cause to customers .

I am glad you managed to sort out an alternative, but it does not alter the fact that your 1st choice was taken away from you.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
773 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 weeks before hols Thomson cancel flight

Its horrible but its also a hazard of booking charter flights unfortunately.

A few of us on this forum had this happen to us last year when Thomas Cook cancelled a whole bunch of flights and pulled out of a few airports completely.

The only way to reduce the chances of this happening is book a scheduled flight as they fly with only a few people on board - I believe Monarch offer a scheduled service now.

Pleased to hear you are sorted now though

Edited: 14 August 2017, 16:46
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 weeks before hols Thomson cancel flight

That is very poor from Thomson. The problem is everything is loaded in favour of the travel companies. If you had cancelled the holiday you would have lost all your money yet they can cancel as they wish. Best thing to do is exactly what you have done, vote with your feet

I find Thomson generally to be among the more expensive companies to use so tend to avoid them

northwich
Level Contributor
279 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 weeks before hols Thomson cancel flight

Thomson also seem to be using a lot of other companies planes for next year as well

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
5,063 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 6 weeks before hols Thomson cancel flight

There have been a few posts recently where Thomsons have either changed the hotel or the resort, even only a few days of departure.

If you look at Thomsons Facebook page you will see some very desperate and unhappy customers who have been unable to get through to Thomsons on the telephone.

8. Re: 6 weeks before hols Thomson cancel flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2018, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations