We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is icmeler any busier

Level Contributor
366 posts
17 reviews
Is icmeler any busier

Getting mixed reviews some saying empty, some saying busy😳Please let us know xx

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,206 posts
214 reviews
1. Re: Is icmeler any busier

At the end of the day, your holiday will be what you make of it - some places are likely to be busier than others, but you will still have a great time no matter what.

Level Contributor
366 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Is icmeler any busier

I'm not bothered as loved it last year, but could put people off who have not been before 😞 But when they go will soon love this gem of a place xx

Edited: 10 August 2017, 00:49
CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,111 posts
104 reviews
3. Re: Is icmeler any busier

Saw a video last night that someone had put on facebook yesterday going around Icmeler on their scooter. They started off from Romance restaurant and up around the old village, not a soul walking about or in any of the restaurants, cafes, just a couple of people walking by Vinces down towards the beach, along the beachfront, lots of sunbeds available. These are peak weeks !! I remember a couple of years ago you couldnt get a bed on the beach in September. Last September was very quiet so expecting it even quieter this year, but still cant stay away and looking forward to going back again in a month.

Level Contributor
366 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Is icmeler any busier

My friend goes on the 16th Sep and couldn't get In 3 of her favourite apartments as busy so things are looking up hopefully 😊

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
19 reviews
5. Re: Is icmeler any busier

A friend of mine has just returned from two weeks in Icmeler staying at the Gondol. He said it was extremely quiet with some restaurants and bars literally having no-one in but some, he mentioned Richards and the bar opposite (wonder bar?) being busy but not packed out. He said the area he likes around Florida, Chef and the bars opposite he had never ever seen quieter and he goes the same time every year to the Gondol. It seems holiday makers have migrated to Spain which is full up and Greece which is highly popular this year according to our travel agent. Hope it picks up in Icmeler soon.

Level Contributor
366 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Is icmeler any busier

Hearing so many mixed reviews but think the all inclusive has a big impact on a lot of places now 😳We do like all inclusive as our son has entertainment and not giving money every 5 mins but it must make it hard for locals x

Edited: 10 August 2017, 18:05
Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
3,672 posts
136 reviews
7. Re: Is icmeler any busier

Have never stayed in Icmeler, however have stayed AL when the 'ankle biters' were in tow for the same reasons as others, pop icecream etc for the kids; however still often went out to eat.

Now I never stay AL and prefer a decent hotel as B&B so I can go out and explore trying different restaurants. Got to say that not only in Turkey, but in resorts all over the world, the AL's do kill off the local busines's 😢 .

Edited: 10 August 2017, 18:31
Level Contributor
581 posts
8 reviews
8. Re: Is icmeler any busier

We just like a nice apartment when ever we go have tried AI not for us we like to do things in our own time at our own pace and be out and about . You get these people who think they have to eat and drink as much as they can cos they've paid for it and they end up not seeing outside the hotel lol 😂

Level Contributor
102 posts
9. Re: Is icmeler any busier

Ethensnan just watched this foi video.for the British this week should be the busiest.it was bad enough in the village but the areas that brought home how dead it is, the canal, road from Florida to the square, and the square itself.we were there September 2015 and saw a vast difference within a year.just my opinion numbers started to decline when the entertainment was hit and last year's internal incidents didn't help.its impossible to get numbers back from this country due to lack of flights.when will it go back to say 6 years ago?? only time will tell.

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,111 posts
104 reviews
10. Re: Is icmeler any busier

I agree with you Alex, the decline started when the new rules came about with the entertainment in restaurants,we always enjoyed it, some will say they prefer it now it is quieter, like it was years ago, since then the resort has had less people, but now we have the country in a state of emergency since last July, that has made it worse and more people feel uneasy about going there, while this is going on there will be less visitors again next year !!

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations