We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquito bites

Level Contributor
365 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquito bites

Are they biting this year, never got 1 last year but hearing in other parts their out in force 😖 I'm prepared with Avon skin so soft !!!

20 replies to this topic
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,945 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquito bites

Yes, just read on another Forum of someone with lots of bites. Great if Skin so soft works for you. However, if it does not, get a product with Deet. The local product called "Off " which we always use is very good. Skin So Soft does not work for us as it contains no Deet.

Level Contributor
365 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquito bites

Can I get it in icmeler x

edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,358 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquito bites

Skin So Soft is the only thing which works for me - and I've tried everything. But Off is very good too and you can buy it almost everywhere in Icmeler - supermarkets, mini markets etc.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,945 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquito bites

Yes, they sell it in most supermarkets. It is cheaper than any similiar products in the U.K. Tests have proved that Avon S.S.S is ony 2% effective against mosquito bites. Although some people are much more attractive to insects than others are. S.S.S. has no effect on me. I put a lot of it on a few years ago and was badly bitten, in fact, I had to see a Doctor and get antibiotics. He told me to use Off in future. I took his advice and it worked.

Not just mosquitos that bite, also sand flies, black flies earwigs and spiders. Put on plenty of lotion in the evening and remember your feet and legs, as you put them under a table where a lot of insects do lurk.

Edited: 08 August 2017, 13:23
Level Contributor
365 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mosquito bites

I swear by skin so soft it's always worked for me but changed bottle n smells different I hope it still works but dies say repellant now x I always take my bite pen which was great when I stood on a bee 😫

Edited: 08 August 2017, 13:41
Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mosquito bites

There was a fair few about when we went, and I find eating loads of garlic seems to keep them away for me, I use to get eaten before someone gave me this tip, and I get and excuse to eat loads, lol.

Bawburgh
Level Contributor
302 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mosquito bites

Garlic capsules before you go eat garlic lemon shower gel they don't like the smell

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,945 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mosquito bites

Watched a T.V. Programme with a Professor who had spent 10 years researching what works for mosquito bites. He said the problem is many people are not attractive to mosquitoes and so they say that lots of things work for them like Garlic, Vitamen B Tablets, Marmite, Ant-Histamine Tablets, Lemon Oil. Etc., He has tested all of these things out. They did not work for people who are attractive to mosquitos.

He said the only thing that will deter mostiques is a product with Deet in it. It does not kill them it deters them.

I took his advice and we always buy Off when we are over. Nothing else works for us and I have tried Skin So Soft, Vitamin B Tablets, Lemon Oil, etc.,

Level Contributor
365 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mosquito bites

I will be buying (off) when their aswell then but never got bit once last year 😁

Edited: 08 August 2017, 19:12
London, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mosquito bites

You must not be attractive to the Mozzies Tracy lol :).. I usually get bitten all over and I have never heard of Off but so glad i read these posts as thats what my first purchase will be when I get there, where can I buy it just in any shop or specific shops?

Reply to: Mosquito bites
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations