We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would Icmeler suit us

cheshire
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Would Icmeler suit us

My husband and I planning on visiting Turkey for the first time 2nd week of September.

Was thinking of going to Oludeniz until a work colleague suggested Icmeler.

I was under the impression Icmeler may be a bit rowdy for me i.e very busy place, loud bars etc not quite Marmaris but similar.

My friend from work says its a lovely place with nice quiet bars and restaurants. She said if it was over the top she wouldn't go.(she does go about 4 times a year).

So should i consider Icmeler. We enjoy a nice meal at night followed by a few drinks in a quietish bar maybe some entertainment but nothing ott.

We usually visit one of the Greek islands but fancy trying Turkey for a change.

Also not overkeen on lots of hassle from shop keepers, restaurants trying to get you in, does this go on a lot.

I was informed you don't get hassled much in Oludeniz so this is a factor for me.

Thanks Tracey

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,150 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would Icmeler suit us

Icmeler has something to suit everyone - there is a good mixture of bars and restaurants from the lively to the quieter, chilled out places. If you're staying in the old village, for example, it's much quieter and more laid back than the centre of the resort, but there are plenty of places you can go where it's more relaxing no matter where you are staying. I've never found the hassle to be particularly bad in Icmeler compared to some places, such as Marmaris, for instance.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would Icmeler suit us

I agree with everything blondiescot has said about Icmeler. If you are a beach lover then the one at Olu Deniz is quite spectacular but I'm not one for the beach so I'm afraid the charm of the place eluded me. My wife liked to shop and she felt the shopping in Icmeler was much better. Being bigger there is also a better selection of restaurants. There are restaurants for all tastes and budgets and you won't have a problem finding those that suit you.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
3,541 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would Icmeler suit us

You don't get hassled in Oludeniz, to be fair nor in Hisaronu Ovacik or Fethiye. The markets can be a bit different in Hisaronu & Fethiye, although as I have previously said, I see it as banter. The beach and lagoon at Oludeniz is fabulous as it is in Calis. Everyone has their favourite.

I cant comment on Icemiler as I havnt been.

There are also fabulous restaurants in the all resorts, with something for everyone; from very cheep eats to the more expensive.

Where ever you go, Turkey is a fantastic country, and you should give it a go.

Gloucestershire...
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Would Icmeler suit us

Been to Icmeler 23 times oludeniz 1 probably never go back oludeniz not lot there one Main Street leading to lovely beach but that's it the lagoon nice personally bit over rated so Icmeler for me all day long

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Would Icmeler suit us

My criteria for going on holiday are good restaurant, and peace and quiet. You defo get that in Icmeler if you want without looking too hard. I can think of at last 15 bars that are laid back with gentle background music. Icmeler has plenty of restaurants ranging from the small local Pide places which are fabulous and great value to fairly high standard and everything in between

The beach on Icmeler is not that great, Olu wind hands down on that score

Icmler is fairly flat and easy to walk around. It is not a large resort but there is planty to do and is larger than Olu which really only has 1 main street

The village area is my favourite area with some lovely apartments. I would recommend that you go S/C as there are so many great places to choose from and eat

Have a look at the right side of the page for top questions about Icmeler

If you want anything specific ask away

Level Contributor
366 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Would Icmeler suit us

We came last year to icmeler and to be honest after years of going to hisaronu and olu Deniz much preferred icmeler, laid back and wonderful people, we are coming again in August as found it amazing, all the lovely people on this site help you no end and anything you need to know they will have answers, because of them we knew everything before we arrived, I actually thought olu deniz was more loud than icmeler and more pushy xxx speak to blondiescot before choosing we're to stay or ask for all their advice they will help you no end xxx

Warwickshire...
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Would Icmeler suit us

I like both but may be you should listen to your friend's advice as she knows you.

Bawburgh
Level Contributor
485 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Would Icmeler suit us

We've been to both ouldeniz once icmeler six prefer icmeler as more to do and see oul is lovely for beach and lagoon but as others have said one main strip where as icmeler has lots of side steets and old village to explore

Manchester...
Level Contributor
61 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Would Icmeler suit us

On my 4th time to Icmeler this September, I remember the first time I went there, landed at midnight, but by noon the next day I'd never felt so comfortable in a resort. It's not too big but tons of restaurants and some lovely bars. Went to Olu last yr I loved it but it is very small but again some great restaurants and bars, some lively some chilled. I would recommend both! Bit of advice tho, defo book private transfer, ESPECIALLY to Icmeler....we just do 1 way but so worth it!

Level Contributor
366 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Would Icmeler suit us

Donna if you do that can you still get shuttle bus back to airport, our return was late last year so was quite worried x how much and who do you reccomend theirs 3 of us x

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations