We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late September newbie BOOKED

Level Contributor
29 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Late September newbie BOOKED

Hello wow hoping this forum can offer me some hints tips and what not. My husband and I have just booked ten days last week of September first few days of October at the petunya Konak. We are looking forward to a chilled few weeks in the sun with places to eat drink and unwind. Any must sees or dos and donts? Getting a bit worried it may be a bit quiet

Mentioned in this post
Petunya Konak Boutique Hotel
Petunya Konak Boutique...
205 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Home Bistro
₹, European, Turkish, International
Golden Moon champagne steak house
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Steakhouse, Pizza, Mediterranean
Sevgi Bar
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Pub
10 replies to this topic
edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,971 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late September newbie BOOKED

We stayed at the Petunya Konak in May - fantastic little hotel with lovely staff and great breakfasts. It may be quiet but I'm sure you will still find plenty to do. It's about a 15-20 minute walk down into the centre of the resort and beach, but you can hop onto the dolmus just across the road at Tommy's bar.

Mentioned in this post
Petunya Konak Boutique Hotel
Petunya Konak Boutique...
205 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Tommy's Bar
Tommy's Bar
486 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Level Contributor
29 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late September newbie BOOKED

Aw brilliant! I was hoping someone who had stayed there would reply! My husband is a type one diabetic so quite a strict diet in terms of low carbs and little sugar was the breakfast nice? Would you mind me asking how long transfer was from airport we are still trying to decide between taxi and shuttle! Any other tips would be greatly appreciated thank you so much for replying

Level Contributor
366 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late September newbie BOOKED

You will love the people In icmeler, go to Richards place for at least one meal , they will totally make your holiday, lovely people great entertainment and lovely food xx they made our holiday xx have a fab time xx

Mentioned in this post
Richards Place
Richards Place
514 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,971 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late September newbie BOOKED

We always get a private transfer from the airport...takes about an hour and 10-15 mins. It's a buffet breakfast at the Petunya...plenty of choice from the typically Turkish things like olives, tomatoes, cheeses, eggs to cereal.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late September newbie BOOKED

Great choice of hotel a wee bit out of the way but in reality only 5 mins to nearest pub, Tommys which is very good a some shops.

I am also a type I diabetic but the range of food available is perfect he will not be diappointed. The restaurants are very accomadating simply let them know what you want/dont want and they will prepare fresh for you.

Dont get a taxi from airport, it is expensive. Get a private transfer around £60/£70 return taking about 1h 20 mins or a speedy shuttle transfer taking about 2 hours with a max of 4 drop off for around £45

Have a look at the right side of the page for plenty of great info about the resort, transfers prices etc

Any specific questions ask away we are a friendly helpful bunch on here

Level Contributor
29 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Late September newbie BOOKED

Thank you so so much it's our first holiday away since his diagnosis last year ( he is a one in a million case) so all a bit alien to us planning ahead for medication / food etc! Having read loads of the forums I am worried it may be a bit quieter when we go ( last week of September) however more Than a few people I have spoken to have said they are venturing to turkey this year so I hope that is a good sign for the tourism picking back up again! If you have any recommendations for transfers and any for the Turkish baths I would be really appreciative having eve been to turkey and heard so much about them can't wait to to experience one!! Also any restaurants that will be better suited for I my carb avoiding other half

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Late September newbie BOOKED

Transfer companies I've used and would recommend are DM Transfers and IcmelerOnline which I've used for private transfers and speedy shuttle.For a Turkish Bath, Fortuna Spa gets a lot of recommendations and return visitors. Not a hamam as such but a good introduction if you haven't been to a Turkish Bath before.

Mentioned in this post
Fortuna Beach Hotel
Fortuna Beach Hotel
911 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,042 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Late September newbie BOOKED

Theres lots of great restaurants in Icmeler, Im always spoilt for choice where to eat out each evening, never had a disappointing meal. Just walk out and see what takes your fancy, staff are great in all that we have been to.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Manchester...
Level Contributor
58 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Late September newbie BOOKED

Icmeler is gorgeous and the people are amazing! We're going early Sept and have booked a private transfer with Dalaman Transfers, I'd literally only just booked and Betul called me to confirm. They are charging £25 each way. Enjoy ☉

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Dalaman
Dalaman
Mugla Province, Turkey
Level Contributor
366 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Late September newbie BOOKED

We booked transfer with bus, wished we booked private company as it is a long journey x

Reply to: Late September newbie BOOKED
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler