We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternative to Icmeler

Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Topic
Alternative to Icmeler

In recent years I've been to Icmeler 3 times and have loved it. My husband and I are looking to book our next holiday in Turkey and would like to try a different resort. Can anyone recommend where to go? We don't want anywhere as busy as Marmaris. Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris District, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Marmaris
Marmaris
Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,068 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alternative to Icmeler

There are some lovely places on the Bodrum peninsula - Bitez is beautiful, smaller than Icmeler but with a beautiful beach and nice restaurants, and only a short hop from Bodrum itself. Dalyan is also nice - and only a short transfer from Dalaman airport.

Edited: 05 July 2017, 17:10
Mentioned in this post
The Bodrum by Paramount Hotels & Resorts
The Bodrum by Paramount...
241 Reviews
Torba, Turkey
Bitez
Bitez
Bodrum, Turkey
Icmeler
Icmeler
Bodrum
Bodrum
Mugla Province, Turkey
Dalyan
Dalyan
Mugla Province, Turkey
Dalaman Airport
Dalaman Airport
Dalaman, Turkey
Bawburgh
Level Contributor
440 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alternative to Icmeler

Oul deniz is lovely smaller than icmeler but still plenty to do

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alternative to Icmeler

If you fell in love with icmeler you would more so in dalyan. It really is a beautiful resort

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Alternative to Icmeler

I agree with Dawn A Oludeniz without a doubt. we have been to icemeler and marmaris and had really great holidays in both, but having been recommended Oludeniz by a freind 9 years ago we have been hooked, it is a small resort but has so much to offer and it is a stunningly beautiful area with other resorts and towns like hisaronu. calis. and fethiye so easily accessible by local Dolmus. check out the oludeniz forum there are several live webcam links and lots of info, wherever you decide i'm sure you will have a great holiday as Turkey really is a beautiful country

Mentioned in this post
Oludeniz
Oludeniz
Mugla Province, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Level Contributor
366 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alternative to Icmeler

We went to hisaronu for years and like you were the same, now we're in love with icmeler, olu deniz is lovely and fethia ( think I spelt wrong ) is amazing but I actually much prefer icmeler xx a lot of people love dalyan and another new one is kalcan which I know a lot go to also x

Edited: 06 July 2017, 01:46
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alternative to Icmeler

I can recommend Dalyan which is a small place only 20 minutes from Dalaman Airport. Dalyan lies on a lovely river where you can take the daily boat through the reeds down to the Iztuzu Beach. You can walk the beach 7kms and return to the village on the dolmus. Lovely atmosphere, good restaurants and somewhere different.

Mentioned in this post
Dalyan
Dalyan
Mugla Province, Turkey
Dalaman Airport
Dalaman Airport
Dalaman, Turkey
Iztuzu Beach
Iztuzu Beach
3,165 Reviews
Dalyan, Turkey
Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alternative to Icmeler

I would agree that Dalyan and Olu Deniz would be good choices. Dalyan is in a nice setting and the walk along the river is nice. The main bonus for me was that it was only 20-25 minutes from Dalaman Airport. If you like the beach then the one at Olu Deniz is quite spectacular. Olu Deniz has some nice restaurants and the place has a nice laid back atmosphere. Hisaronu is only 10 minutes up the hill on the dolmus if you fancy the occasional livelier night.

Mentioned in this post
Dalyan
Dalyan
Mugla Province, Turkey
Dalaman Airport
Dalaman Airport
Dalaman, Turkey
Hisaronu
Hisaronu
Oludeniz, Turkey
Kernow-T
Level Contributor
484 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alternative to Icmeler

The boss and I had a great holiday staying 4nts in each of Dalyan, Hisaronu and Olu Deniz. I highly recommend Dalyan for a slightly different experience - great place and only 30mins, if that, from the airport

Mentioned in this post
Dalyan
Dalyan
Mugla Province, Turkey
Hisaronu
Hisaronu
Oludeniz, Turkey
Level Contributor
38 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alternative to Icmeler

have a look at Turgutreis -flying into Bodrum airport,which to my mind is better than Dalaman. Also Bitez on the Bodrum Peninsula.

Dalyan is my other choice.

Mentioned in this post
Turgutreis
Turgutreis
Bodrum, Turkey
Bodrum
Bodrum
Mugla Province, Turkey
Dalaman
Dalaman
Mugla Province, Turkey
Bitez
Bitez
Bodrum, Turkey
The Bodrum by Paramount Hotels & Resorts
The Bodrum by Paramount...
241 Reviews
Torba, Turkey
Dalyan
Dalyan
Mugla Province, Turkey
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alternative to Icmeler

Also near Turgetreis is the small town of Yalikavak with a beautiful harbour full of expensive craft. This is a resort that the Turks themselves come to for their holidays.

Mentioned in this post
Yalikavak
Yalikavak
Bodrum, Turkey
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations