We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decent Fake Watches

Level Contributor
103 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Decent Fake Watches

Anyone ever bought a decent fake watch (£100 - £130) from Andy's Watch shop by the canal? TIA

7 replies to this topic
Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decent Fake Watches

I haven't bought from Andy's but my husband and I both bought watches from Murat, Istanbul Jewellers, next to where the Tandoori Sizzler used to be. My husband has a Tag Heur and I have a Cartier and they each cost over £100. We have had no problems with either of them and they are very good looking fakes. If you have a particular watch in mind he will do his very best to get it for you. I would suggest going early into your holiday to give him a chance to source the one you want. The more expensive watches are not usually on display so you would need to ask to see them.

Level Contributor
103 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decent Fake Watches

Hi Tina, I have bought from Murat as recently as last year, a Tag and a Hublot, both over £100 and are excellent, it was more curiosity on my part about Andy's watches, we are back for 2 weeks on Saturday and I'll probably buy from Murat again, thank you.

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decent Fake Watches

I know there are many who highly recommend meant Andy but we are happy with Murat's watches so tend to go where we have had good service. Hope you have a lovely holiday.

4. Re: Decent Fake Watches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2018, 16:56

Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Decent Fake Watches

Once you get to around the £100 mark I don't think there is a lot in it. they all come china. I've had a few from Murat at that price range and I've had a strap break (Not because it was cheap) and took it back the following year and he replaced it free. I've looked at Andy's and he wants £130 for the ones I looked at and Murat wanted £100-110 for the same ones.

If you want to see the really good fakes, ask if they have any Swiss movement fakes. They really are good and you can't tell, but you will need to spend £450-700!

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Decent Fake Watches

Have you ever tried watchstandard.com? I heard their fakes are also made with Swiss movements and I just can't imagine paying full in-store price if I can get the same thing online for way less!

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
821 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Decent Fake Watches

My partner has purchased numerous "good" fake watches in Turkey. The Chinese automatic movements keep surprisingly good time but other problems--very common for 5-minute markers to fall off and jam the mechanism--GREATLY limit their useful life. They are also poorly water resistant. Even inside Turkey you'll pay more to have the watches "repaired" than they cost originally yet those pieces inside the dial continue to fall off.\

My partner and I do varied work that involves true labor but my Seiko that I never remove save for professional massage has outlasted at least five watches he bought (and repaired) in Turkey.

I adore Turkey but the fake watches they sell are true junk.

Edited: 09 April 2018, 03:28
Reply to: Decent Fake Watches
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations