We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

its oh so quiet

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
its oh so quiet

Coming to end of our first week. Now i thought this time last year was quiet this year seems even less people about

No onfe is in the shops, not even looking far less buying. Restaurants, are mainly dead some with only a few tables others with no one, Deja vu,Sonys, Meryem,Ozzys,Friends, Loveboat, Chef, Linekers, Hanedan. Even the haidressers we use Istanbul,next to Wayside, was closed by 8.30

Our boat trip today was cancelled due to lack of people. We managed to go to harbour and get another boat but even that only had 11 people

A few busy places Richards Place is very busy, but overall very quiet. Even myy local Tin Tin typically is less than third full. Normally it is at least 3/4 full

Hopefully things will pick up

Mentioned in this post
Richards Place
Richards Place
529 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
scotland
Level Contributor
590 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: its oh so quiet

Hi smc this is sad hopefully it will become busier. Are you staying at kurt apartments and if so do they have kettle and fridge in room. How much are breakfasts. Enjoy your holiday thanks

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: its oh so quiet

Thanks for the update smc. Which boat did you go on?

I feel for the workers there I just hope things pick up for them.

Enjoy your last week

Level Contributor
366 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: its oh so quiet

We're hoping to go Aug but gonna leave it til last min to book and see how season goes, love Richards place so glad their doing ok and hope the others pick up 🙂

Mentioned in this post
Richards Place
Richards Place
529 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,065 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: its oh so quiet

Sounds just the same as last year when we were there these weeks. I dont like it busy, but to sit in a restaurant and be the only ones dining and seeing most places in darkness by midnight put us off going back in May this year, so we off to Spain instead tomorrow. I was hoping to hear that it would be busier this year.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: its oh so quiet

As it's Ramadan and quiet the shop maybe be shutting early. Off to dalyan on friday

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: its oh so quiet

Kurt are decent aprts fridge kettle 2 ring cooker,2single beds plus a newish bed setee.Decent balcony all rooms face onto pool and aprts are over half full

Went on the Ozge boat Sue same as last year food was very good and boat had new decking and entry slip

Unless things pick up dramatically some places will not see the season out

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: its oh so quiet

Thanks for your reply smc might put it on my list for next year.

We didn't go on ozge last year we went on memhet reis and panorama princess

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
297 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: its oh so quiet

Kurt are nice apartments but the constant hassle to eat there from the owner was annoying.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
785 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: its oh so quiet

I came in from marmaris last Friday and couldn't believe how quiet it was.had a lovely meal in alins grill

John

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,065 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: its oh so quiet

Didnt bother me the hassle at the Kurt, just went over my head. Couldnt have been that bad as Im back there again myself in September for the third time.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations