We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomas cook transfer time Dalaman airport to Bilnur

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
262 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
thomas cook transfer time Dalaman airport to Bilnur

Hi all

Myself/wife have booked flight/Bilnur apartment/airport transfer package with Thomas Cook.

Flight lands at Dalaman airport 00.30am on 21st June 2017 so we will be knack*red and want to get to our accommodation ASAP

Presumably we have to wait in a coach for other passengers so what time do you think we will arrive at the Bilnur apartments ?

What problems could I incur if I booked a private taxi transfer to the Bilnur ?

1. would I have to tell the Thomas Cook rep at the airport that I did not want coach transfer ?

2. would I need a hotel voucher from the Thomas Cook rep ?

3. what would happen if I got to apartment and no one was on reception at that early time and no rep on hand to sort it out ?

Is it worth the possible hassle ?

regards

Paul

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thomas cook transfer time Dalaman airport to Bilnur

When I was staying there I was the last drop off, took about 2 and a half hours.

Yes tell your holiday rep at the airport otherwise the coach will wait for you. They will give you a welcome pack.

The hotel is family run and there are always people on reception (day and night). They will have notice of your booking and will just take your passports for a few hours.

Have a nice holiday.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thomas cook transfer time Dalaman airport to Bilnur

I forgot to add that my flight was afternoon, with night flights you usually get there a lot quicker. The last coach transfer I did at night didn't stop halfway, so I got to Icmeler in about 1 hour, 45 minutes. Much quicker.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
262 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thomas cook transfer time Dalaman airport to Bilnur

thanks Chilldog

I will probably stick with the included Thomas Cook transfers if hopefully others come back to confirm that the night transfers do not stop and arrive at resort quicker

It is the thought of a 2 hour 30 minute plus transfer late at night that my wife did not want

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thomas cook transfer time Dalaman airport to Bilnur

I have travelled with Thomas Cook at night / early morning more than once and every time we stopped for about twenty mins at that horrible (IMHO) place about half way which I can never understand. All folk want to do is get to resort, check in and get some sleep at that time not wait around for twenty mins / half an hour at a place in the back of beyond.

Edited: 23 May 2017, 15:54
scunthorpe
Level Contributor
71 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thomas cook transfer time Dalaman airport to Bilnur

If you want to make your holiday and travelling more relaxing it has to be a private transfer to Icmeler, saves waiting around and gets there faster. Also means you can have that extra bit of time before you leave, as don't have to sit on a coach picking others up.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,138 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thomas cook transfer time Dalaman airport to Bilnur

Private transfer all the time for us. Worth every penny...did the your operator one once and that was enough!

Level Contributor
570 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thomas cook transfer time Dalaman airport to Bilnur

We were with Thomas Cook transfer last week and they do not do the comfort stop on way from dalaman airport to resort, but from resort to airport they do stop. The rep explained to us they do it on return journey as Dalaman airport is 2nd most expensive in the world so you can grab a a quick

Snack if needed .

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: thomas cook transfer time Dalaman airport to Bilnur

paul m

The Thomas Cook coach may not stop for a comfort stop but please bear in mind that the journey can take you 2-3+ hours. As you have said you will probably have to wait on the coach filling up. It may be you are lucky and will be one of the first drop offs but it might be you have to go round Icmeler dropping many others off at different hotels/apts first before you reach the Bilnur. You have no way of knowing how many drop offs there will be until you are actually on route. Personally we always book private transfer after one bad experience many years ago. If you book private transfer usually your driver is there waiting for you and you can take off immediately as opposed to waiting on others. I will add that the Bilnur is a fabulous place to stay with fantastic friendly staff.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,138 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: thomas cook transfer time Dalaman airport to Bilnur

Some of the Thomas Cook coaches definitely still do the comfort stop - we were talking to a couple at the airport last night who were travelling with TC and they were moaning about how long it had taken them both to get to the resort and back to the airport.

10. Re: thomas cook transfer time Dalaman airport to Bilnur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2018, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations