We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel insurance costs

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Travel insurance costs

Just bought my travel insurance and the variation in prices is frightening. Even with out pre exitsting medical conditions, I could get a policy from £18 for 2 weeks at the bottom end to a ridiculous £410 at the top end and loads in between. Whilst there was some differences eg excess it was not that different

It defo pays to shop around and not get stung

edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,943 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel insurance costs

Absolutely - I have various pre-existing medical conditions and some of the quotes I got this year were horrendous. Someone on one of the Icmeler Facebook groups recommending trying Aviva and I've ended up going with them - they were much cheaper than my existing annual policy and in fact, the level of cover was better. So yes - always shop around and be sure you are not only comparing prices, but the level of cover and exactly what is included. Cheapest isn't always best...make sure you are comparing like for like.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel insurance costs

It may be cheap, but do they pay out? It's useful now to check all these review sites that are around, and just check the bad reviews, and not the good ones!

edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,943 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel insurance costs

Absolutely, and in my line of work, rest assured that I do my research before I commit to buying any kind of insurance.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
196 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel insurance costs

Who did you go with in the end please?

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel insurance costs

I went with Direct Travel TI Gold policy, paid around £26

New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel insurance costs

It depends on your policy and situation of traveler. I recently read an article about the travel insurance where they write lot of policy covers - https:/…

You must talk to an expert about the travel insurance near you.

7. Re: Travel insurance costs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2018, 10:49
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler