We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book now or later?

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Book now or later?

Hoping to go to icmeler in September, prices seem to be going up,dont know whether to book now or wait a few more weeks in case they go down . Going Olu Deniz June,booked February if we had waited to now it would have been cheaper as prices seem to be going down.😀

Solihull, West...
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Book now or later?

If I am happy with a price I just book I know my budget and try to stick to it. I booked in October for my holiday in May as the price was right for me.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,095 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Book now or later?

It's always a gamble, to be honest - I would agree with blondie-1967, if you see a deal which looks decent to you, then I would just go for it. You could hang fire and hope to find a bargain nearer the time, but September can get quite busy and many places do get booked up. We struggled to find somewhere last September...

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Book now or later?

I usually book about 4 weeks before I want to go and have always managed to get what I wanted at a price I was happy with although it can take a bit of searching. However I can go when I want so can avoid school holidays, when prices are ridiculous and if you are flexible on day and time of travel this can also significantly reduce costs. However I would agree that if you see a good deal then go for it.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Book now or later?

September seems to be one of the busiest months nowadays perhaps the reason that prices are so high, supply and demand.

It really is a gable and you cannot rely on prices coming down. Even if prices came down there would be no guarantee that you could get the place or flight times you like

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
392 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Book now or later?

We were there 23rd September 2015 for 10 days.never seen the place as quiet.when there are 8 people in the Venice at night the resort is struggling.we are hanging on to see if the place picks up check comments for last September the resort was dead.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Book now or later?

We were there September 2015 & 2016, last year was a lot quieter than previous years,we still managed to enjoy it and it hasn't put us off going again.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,095 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Book now or later?

We were there last September too and as I said, I struggled to find accommodation as many places were fully booked. There was a nine-day public holiday in Turkey and Icmeler was very busy with visitors from other parts of Turkey when we were there.

Solihull, West...
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Book now or later?

I went in October last year for a great price and definitely going to book again for that time of the year. It was quiet but I like it like that let's see how busy it is when I fly out on May 16th.

9. Re: Book now or later?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2018, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler