We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Ichmeler

liverpool
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Ichmeler

hi not my first time in Turkey the last 2 years we have been to oludeniz this-year for a change Ichmeler

Just wondering what would people recommend ie restaurants to eat in and what trips people go on

There would be 4adults going traveling in September thanks

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Home Bistro
₹, European, Turkish, International
Golden Moon champagne steak house
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Steakhouse, Pizza, Mediterranean
Sevgi Bar
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Pub
edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,978 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Ichmeler

I'm sure you will love Icmeler - there is plenty to see and do, and lots of trips and excursions. I would suggest a lazy day boat trip is a must - but you can do a village tour, things like jeep or quad safaris, a visit to Akyaka, or pop over to Turunc on the dolmus or water taxi. As for restaurants, everyone has their favourites, and Icmeler has something to suit most tastes. I would suggest just having a wander round and see what takes your fancy. If you like authentic Turkish cooking, Meryem Yemek Evi is very good - and the village breakfasts at both the Deniz Kapisi and Backstage are excellent. Many of the little kebab/pide places are also very good and great value for money - such as Kardelen, Kayra and Nefis Pide.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Akyaka
Akyaka
Mugla Province, Turkey
Turunc
Turunc
Mugla Province, Turkey
Evi Hotel Rhodes
Evi Hotel Rhodes
476 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Deniz Kapisi
Deniz Kapisi
417 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Ichmeler

If you enjoyed Olu Deniz then I'm sure you will also enjoy Icmeler. It is a lot bigger than OD but I personally think it is nicer with different areas to stroll around, especially in the evenings. Being bigger it has a better selection of shops and restaurants and I wouldn't disagree with what blondiescot recommends. As well as Akyaka and Turunc I would also recommend a walk around the Marina and Bazaar in Marmaris which is only 20 minutes away on the dolmus.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Akyaka
Akyaka
Mugla Province, Turkey
Turunc
Turunc
Mugla Province, Turkey
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Ichmeler

You should have a great time in Icmeler. The main thing OD has over Icmeler is the beach. OD beach is pretty decent howevers Icmeler beach in most parts is tiny gritty stones, so not that good

Icmeler generally is cheaper to eat and drink in than OD

Icmeler probably as around 100 bars and restaurant to choose from, with The Loveboat at the top end, and numerous small Pide places at bottom with plenty inbetween. There is a Korean food restaurant which personally I like, the Meryem and Hanedan, turkish restaurant s are good as well.

The lazy day boat trip is a must as others have said, pick up around 09.00 boat sets off around 10.00 and gets back around 16.30. You get lunch numerous swim stops and some stop in Turunc for an hour or so. You also get luch and all for about £10, or £15 for an all inclusive drinks boat

If you feel fit, a walk to Marmaris is lovely along the coastal path, takes around 1 hour to start of Marmaris. Marmaris also has a castle which is worth a visit, and the marina and bazaar are also worth a visit

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Icmeler Beach
Icmeler Beach
2,758 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Turunc
Turunc
Mugla Province, Turkey
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Ichmeler

Hi I echo everything that has been said ,as for advice on restaurants I agree that it is personal preference people who go every year have their own favourites but all I will say is that I have never had a bad meal just some are better than others also the staff can move around from one year to the next and as I find it's quite often the people in the restaurants that make your holiday so we often go looking for our own favourites. Have a great time !

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,042 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in Ichmeler

Quite a few of the all inclusive boat trips from Marmaris are only £10 and they will pick you up in the morning from Icmeler, but you would have to get the dolmus back for 3 lira each. Theres so much choice of excellent restaurants in Icmeler, I havnt had a bad meal there for many years now, and we were able to get full English breakfast last year for just 5 lira.

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
6. Re: First time in Ichmeler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2018, 10:49
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler