We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips out

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Trips out

We're going to be in Icemeler in August, where is the best place to book boat trips etc? Last year we booked through our Rep but I've heard you can get better deals elsewhere, advice please.

Thank you

Solihull, West...
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trips out

Hi Debbie

There are plenty to pick from you will see lots of different places to book around the shops, beach path or take a walk to harbour and have a look at the boats.

Last year we paid £10 For an AI Boat Trip but there are private hire too.

Enjoy.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trips out

We always book our boat trips at eric at April travel on the main road. We always go on memhet reis with eric

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trips out

I would agree with blondie and Sue. There are plenty of places dotted around the resort where you will be able to get any of the trips you want and at a better price than the reps offer. If you book a few trips with the same place you should be able to negotiate a good deal. Eric at April Travel is excellent and will take his time to get you exactly what you want with no hard sell.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trips out

Another vote for Eric at April travel. Gives you what you want and will not try and sell you something you dont want or need. he has been there for years and has many returning cutomers

If you feel a wee bit braver, take the dolmus to the Otogar (bus station) in Marmaris and jump on a bus to a huge variety of nearby towns and villages. Dacta is supposed to be very good and is around 1 hour away

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Marmaris District, Turkey
Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trips out

A favourite trip of mine is to get an early water taxi round to Turunc and have breakfast at the restaurant on the quayside while I watch all the day trippers arriving. I also like to go early through to the bazaar in Marmaris when it is not too manic and have a coffee at my favourite café in the centre. Both fairly low key but you can come and go as you please and the only cost is the fares.

Mentioned in this post
Turunc
Turunc
Marmaris
Marmaris
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trips out

Have to agree Iain about Turunc, though I prefer to get the dolmus through and water taxi back. The dolmus through the steep winding road is a little scary but views are brilliant

Mentioned in this post
Turunc
Turunc
London
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trips out

Thanks everyone, will definitely shop around this year and we'll give the water taxi a go as well. Hope you all have a great holiday when you go xx

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trips out

Eric is a great guy...I've been to Icmeler a few times and always used him, looking forward to booking my trips next month. I once stayed in Marmaris and still booked my trips with him.

I also like the water taxi to Turunc (great little village, no hassle to buy). I get the dolmus back to Icmeler.

I have done the Akayaka (I hope I spelled that right) trip twice but booked through Icmeler online as I believe they are the only ones who do it? I could be wrong. That's a great day out.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris
Marmaris
Turunc
Turunc
southport
Destination Expert