We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eden Garden

newcastle
Level Contributor
90 posts
28 reviews
Eden Garden

Does anyone know if Eden Garden has closed. No longer any availability on Jet 2 and I know they were signed up for next 2 year according to staff last year. Really hope not.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
422 posts
1. Re: Eden Garden

Can't answer you're question but there's a guy on the marmaris forum. He's booked with jet2 for next year and his hotel has disappeared of the site.best thing phone jet2 contact centre.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
422 posts
2. Re: Eden Garden

Sorry this year

newcastle
Level Contributor
90 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: Eden Garden

Facebook page has confirmed they have closed. Massive shame as was a lovely place. I'm sure many regular contributors will maybe have stayed at some time. Looks like Icmeler is compacting with several closures of hotels and restaurants following last years terrible season.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
214 reviews
4. Re: Eden Garden

It's always a shame when somewhere closes - and the Eden Garden was certainly a popular choice with many people. Unfortunately, I think it was inevitable that this would happen, given how quiet it was last year - and for the past few seasons. It also seems as if there might be something of a move towards more private rentals in the resort in future, especially for the Turkish market.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
46 reviews
5. Re: Eden Garden

I am worried now that this will have a knock on effect maybe not so much this year but in subsequent years. Eden gardens always seemed to be popular. Now if this has closed along with several quality restaurants, Bonjour, Hanedans Wayside, this may put people off as the resort becomes quieter. As it becomes quieter even less people may go and more closures and so on and so forth.

Hopefully with the weaker Euro and the Lira doing fairly well people may see Turkey as a destination of choice

Birmingham
1 post
1 review
6. Re: Eden Garden

So very sad Eden Gardens has closed. We had lovely holidays there. Berkay and family made us feel some welcome. We will miss them very much and also the many other guests we met over time. I truly hope that they will reopen one day soon. But would like to wish the family lots of love and thank you for the good times x

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
7. Re: Eden Garden

It is very worrying smc as you said some very longstanding favourite places have closed. If they couldn't manage how are the other places going to survive

scotland
Level Contributor
590 posts
8. Re: Eden Garden

I think the price of flights, certainly from Scotland, will not help tourism in Turkey this year. Our holiday to Icemeler has gone up £250 since we booked a month ago & this is due to flight prices. We usually go to Side twice a year but due to the price of flights to Antalya this year we are not prepared to pay this and opted to go to Icemler instead. We have not been to Icemeler for over 5 yrs so I am sure we will see a lot of changes. I have been looking at flight prices for Sept & again they are expensive so may have to look at going elsewhere.

newcastle
Level Contributor
90 posts
28 reviews
9. Re: Eden Garden

We have the opposite situation in Newcastle. Cost to Dalaman currently means holiday is £700 more than last year. That coupled with the scenario Icmeler will be even quieter than last year means we are considering Side.

newcastle
Level Contributor
90 posts
28 reviews
10. Re: Eden Garden

Eden gardens last year was literally empty. In previous years early booking was essential but when we went there were only 4 apartments of 18 occupied by holidaymakers. That was August. It was unsustainable and we felt the family had began to make alternate plans. The closure whilst a shock comes as no surprise. I fear the knock on effect will mean local bar Tommys will be threatened. He was already suffering last year.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations