We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Icmeler restaurant not reopening...

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,158 posts
212 reviews
Save Topic
Another Icmeler restaurant not reopening...

Just heard today that the Wayside restaurant won't be reopening this season - owners Rachel and Hamdi have decided to cut their losses after a few quiet seasons and are selling up. Sad news, as the food and service there was always excellent. Wonder how many more changes we will see in 2017?

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Icmeler restaurant not reopening...

Yeah I saw that another good one gone

Campbeltown, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Icmeler restaurant not reopening...

So sorry to hear this but having spoken to Hamdi last year they were definitely struggling. That's two of our favourite restaurants gone, the other being Hanedan, I really thought that quality would prevail but that's obviously not the case.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,158 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Icmeler restaurant not reopening...

It is sad, the booler - as you say, both Wayside and Hanedan were two places where quality was always top notch. Unfortunately, it seems some folk would rather go for the places which offer cheap drinks and food deals instead.

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another Icmeler restaurant not reopening...

Wayside was one of my favourites - food was excellent and staff very friendly. Sadly don't think this will be the last one that isn't going to be open this year.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another Icmeler restaurant not reopening...

Sadly I dont think this will be the last one either. I must admit most times we past in May last year it was pretty quiet. What I am finding though is over the years my tastes have changed and I now tend to avoid the "tourist restaurants" and have many of my meals in the various Pide places around town. I tend not to eat as much as I did years ago either, maybe others are the same

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another Icmeler restaurant not reopening...

I feel the same smc. Bonjour and caddie pide also gone. I tend to steer clear of the touristy places too and go to the small local places

Level Contributor
103 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another Icmeler restaurant not reopening...

Saw that as well, economic downturn is certainly biting now, feel for these guys genuinely lovely people who are being hit the hardest.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Another Icmeler restaurant not reopening...

Like the last couple of years, this year I think there will be a drop in the number of visitors. I was reading that not only are British numbers falling but it also looks like the number of Germans going to Turkey is also dropping. I think a lot of the tourist restaurants will struggle and a few might decide not to open this year at all. Like Sue and smc I much prefer the smaller local places which, apart from being cheaper, also offer very good quality authentic Turkish food. Give them a visit, you won't be disappointed.

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,094 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Another Icmeler restaurant not reopening...

So sad, I read it today on their facebook page. We always went to Wayside a couple of times while we were over there.Their food and service was excellent, but have been very quiet when we have eaten there. Probably a wise move to sell, and Im sure we are going to see a lot more places not reopening this year. Lovely couple I wish them well.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,158 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Another Icmeler restaurant not reopening...

Have just seen today that Hanedan will be reopening for this season after all - which is good news!

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations