We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress alterations

purley
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
6 reviews
Dress alterations

Going to ovacik soon and haven't had time to get a dress altered I know in turkey they alter clothes for you when you buy from them but is there anyway in ovacik/hisoronu that would shorten a long dress for me !! Bit of a strange one I know but thanks for any help

Kelly

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
1. Re: Dress alterations

Hi

I always use the lady oposite the Sea Breeze, at the bottom ovacik as you enter hisaronu, she has dresses outside, she's fab :)

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
2. Re: Dress alterations

Hi

I always use the lady oposite the Sea Breeze, at the bottom ovacik as you enter hisaronu, she has dresses outside, she's fab :)

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Dress alterations

Hi

Does she make clothes too?

Maria

Edited: 07 September 2014, 11:03
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3,708 posts
295 reviews
4. Re: Dress alterations

Answered this yesterday on the Ovacik forum, yes it's the same shop. There's definitely a dressmaker on the same side as the market a few doors up (towards Ovacik), I had something altered there, she makes clothes too, fabrics next door, fascinating little shop.

Edited: 07 September 2014, 14:06
Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
19,665 posts
145 reviews
5. Re: Dress alterations

We have a similar dressmaker in Calis Beach. She, like this lady does alterations. I have had maxi dresses shortened and she charges 5 lira per dress. I know she also will copy a dress you have or make one from a picture you show her. I am sure this lady in Ovacik will do the same.

I would say that the lady in Calis has lots of bolts of material, but, and here is the but, a lot of the material is polyester and a lot of it is frantic patterns. If you decide to get something made it may be wise to bring your own material from the U.K. I know many ladies in Calis and Fethiye do this.

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Dress alterations

Hi FJ

Where is the lady in Calis situated as i have a top i would love a copy made of

Thanks

Maria

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
19,665 posts
145 reviews
7. Re: Dress alterations

Hi Maria,

Walking up the Main Street in Calis away from the sea and the water taxi keep on the right hand side of the road. At the top of the road were there are traffic lights turn right and walk along one block, pass a barbers, you will see a shop with lots of tailors dummies outside with dresses on them. This is the dressmaker. Go down the steps to the shop.

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: Dress alterations

FJ

many thanks again for the info

maria

cumbria
Level Contributor
75 posts
23 reviews
9. Re: Dress alterations

Hi, when I stayed in Ovacik 2 years ago I bought a dress from a shop going down the hill towards Hisaronu on the left hand side. I wasn't going to buy it because it was too big, but the shop owner altered it perfectly, very cheaply and I picked it up the next day. She was a lovely lady who was always sat in the shop with her daughter. Hope you get on alright

10. Re: Dress alterations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2015, 09:45
Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu
Recent Conversations