We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

worth taking more

Rochdale, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
worth taking more

I changed £2000 at 6.17 a month ago.i worked out at current rate its worth £1350 now ,thats a big hit.so for our 17 day holiday.my wife and i have £80 per day instead of £120 .anyone out there at the minute noticed prices going up on meals out etc.beers,and clothing.and is it worth taking more money (english )out when we arrive in september.also we have a kent card from last year .we always topped up in olu deniz at the shop on the corner from dolmus stop.anyone in hisaronu/ovacik tops up kent card ?also dolmus price from ovacik to fethyie/olu deniz.and price for efes in supermarket.

5 replies to this topic
Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Hisaronu
Level Contributor
1,904 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: worth taking more

Hi Anthony,

That's a big hit on what appeared at the time to be a fantastic rate when you changed it.

We too had losses at around £300 when we changed last year for this years travels, so I do feel your pain.

In regards to changing more, I would hold out and take some additional Sterling with you if needed as no one knows which way the rate is going to go.

In regards to pricing, I haven't seen any reports saying that prices are rising, however this may come over the coming days if the rate stays at the level it is now.

I'm sure someone else will respond in regards to Kent card, Dolmus price and Efes in the supermarket.

Cheers Adam

Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: worth taking more

Prices are not going up in most bars and restaurants, you took a gamble and lost , if you had waited you would be getting your meals for peanuts!! Fake shops and excursions are still quoting in £s so bring sterling for these

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
922 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: worth taking more

won't be buying from fake shops this year then, as we got a lot of lira

london
Level Contributor
91 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: worth taking more

The Whiteman restaurant put prices up, our 1st meal worked out about £40 then 2nd meal almost the same menu was just over £50! Just be careful with your money! Always check everything

London, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: worth taking more

You can top up the Kent card in the supermarket/diy shop next to the Orca hotel but it can be a bit hit and miss as the owner has to top his machine up with credit to top the cards up.

Reply to: worth taking more
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu