We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near airport near a mall/shopping?

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
78 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near airport near a mall/shopping?

We have a 1 night layover from 5pm-9am. looking for a hotel near a mall/shopping area near the airport (15 minutes) where I can walk if hubby wants to stay in . Not looking for real high end shopping. Think Macys/old navy/Gap etc. Shuttle would be nice. What is the area called? Thanks

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,076 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near airport near a mall/shopping?

There is no area near the airport where you want to be walking after dark, or that has shopping I would recommend. Why not stay in midtown, near the Arts Center Station, and take the free shuttle to Atlantic Station, which has chains of the sort you mention.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
25,918 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near airport near a mall/shopping?

I agree- no malls near the airport or on the south side of town that I would recommend. You could stay in midtown near Atlantic Station or in Buckhead near Lenox Mall and Phipps Plaza.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
281 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near airport near a mall/shopping?

If you want a Mall this is what you should do: Take the MARTA train from the airport up to the Lenox stop (on the Doraville Line), then walk across the street and check into the JW Marrriott. It is attached to Lenox Square Mall where you can walk and shop and eat. This is in tony Buckhead, argueably the best part of Atlanta.

There is nothing near the airport and even if there were, it's a lousy part of Atlanta. MARTA ride up to Lenox and the Marriott is probably 30 minutes, maybe a little longer. But it's a great hotel and a very good mall.

4. Re: Hotel near airport near a mall/shopping?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 00:47