We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking the ATL SkyTrain

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Taking the ATL SkyTrain

I am going to be staying at the SpringHill Suites for a two week training this May. I was wondering if I would be able to take the SkyTrain from the hotel to the airport on a daily basis, in order to get to the Marta Airport terminal...is there a charge? Would they ask to see a boarding pass? I hope someone can help!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,404 posts
103 reviews
1. Re: Taking the ATL SkyTrain

The SkyTrain is a monorail that runs from the airport to the convention center and rental car agencies. No hotels are connected to it but I do not see any reason why you could not walk from the Convention Center station to the hotel, assuming that you are allowed to get off even when the convention center is closed. This is a new service to Atlanta, so I'm not sure what its hours of operation would be when the conventions center is not open.

You should be able to use your hotel's free airport shuttle to get to and from the airport an the MARTA station. You would not be required to show a boarding pass to get to the area of the airport where the MARTA station is located, and it's possible that your hotel shuttle would take you to the College Park MARTA station anyway.

Edited: 08 April 2010, 01:32
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,404 posts
103 reviews
2. Re: Taking the ATL SkyTrain

Here you go - looks like SkyTrain will be available:

http://www.gicc.com/peopleMover.asp

3. Re: Taking the ATL SkyTrain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2010, 12:46