We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Town weekend for Falcons vs Cowboys - where stay/do?

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
170 posts
22 reviews
In Town weekend for Falcons vs Cowboys - where stay/do?

We're visiting from Central VA to see Falcons vs. Cowboys.

In on day of 17th & leave evening of 18th.

Would like to stay in area convenient to restaurants & stadium.

Don't really need to stay near airport as our flight is later Sunday night after 7PM.

Saturday - Would like to be able to walk around or Lyft around to sites & restaurants.

Sunday - go to the game. We would store our luggage @ the hotel & come pick them up after the game.

It looks like Mercedes Stadium is west of Downtown Atlanta & 11 miles north of the Airport.

Questions:

1) Is Downtown a better place to stay for this itinerary or staying further South between the airport & Mercedes be better logistically?

2) I got introduced to the food hall @ Ponce City Market on a recent trip - are there other food halls in ATL?

Appreciate any feedback!

11 replies to this topic
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
20,350 posts
95 reviews
1. Re: In Town weekend for Falcons vs Cowboys - where stay/do?

Stay in Midtown. See the Top Questions.

If you wanted to stay near the PCM again, the renovated Clermont Hotel has opened.

https://www.hotelclermont.com/

Decatur, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
7,759 posts
126 reviews
2. Re: In Town weekend for Falcons vs Cowboys - where stay/do?

Really no place worthy between downtown and the airport. Downtown pretty abandoned after business hours. Check out Decatur - compact walkable downtown and straight shot on MARTA to the stadium. Stay at the Marriott Courtyard. www.visistdecaur.com

No other food hall comparable to PCM.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,478 posts
103 reviews
3. Re: In Town weekend for Falcons vs Cowboys - where stay/do?

Another great food hall is Krog Street Market. I actually prefer it to PCM.

I would stay downtown for this itinerary. The game is at 1, so conceivably it could be 4 before you are leaving the stadium. If you stay within walking distance of the stadium, you can just walk to your hotel, pick up your stuff, then take MARTA to the airport for your 7pm flight.

Hotels in easy walking distance of stadium: Glenn Hotel, Omni, Hilton Garden Inn, Embassy Suites. A little more of a walk: Ritz, Aloft, Westin, W, Ellis.

On Saturday, you'll be able to Lyft from the downtown hotel.

Edited: 14 November 2018, 01:13
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
20,350 posts
95 reviews
4. Re: In Town weekend for Falcons vs Cowboys - where stay/do?

If you stay downtown, I really like the American Hotel. It's a Hilton property with a vintage vibe. Good location (IMO) -

https:/…index.html

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,478 posts
103 reviews
5. Re: In Town weekend for Falcons vs Cowboys - where stay/do?

The American looks awesome. I didn't realize it was a Hilton. And it apparently has balconies, which is a frequent request on this forum.

Edited: 14 November 2018, 01:29
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
20,350 posts
95 reviews
6. Re: In Town weekend for Falcons vs Cowboys - where stay/do?

Yes! With a view of the ferris wheel (Skyview).

I REALLY liked it. I took photos to do a review, which I've not done.

Loved the little turquoise fridge in the room!

Other than the valet being really slow (it was a work trip), it was one of the favorite hotels I've stayed in this year.

It's definitely my favorite Atlanta hotel, but I haven't stayed at the Clermont (yet).

Edited: 14 November 2018, 01:43
Decatur, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
7,759 posts
126 reviews
7. Re: In Town weekend for Falcons vs Cowboys - where stay/do?

I defer to omr and J and I had forgotten about Krog St. Have a good time !

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
147 posts
71 reviews
8. Re: In Town weekend for Falcons vs Cowboys - where stay/do?

I agree with the downtown hotel idea. Post-game it is the easiest. The weather looks great for this weekend, so on Saturday you can easily walk on the Beltline path connecting Krog St food hall and the Ponce City Market food hall and have drinks/nibbles at one and lunch/dinner at the other. There are even places to stop in-between.

My advice is to start at Krog and walk to PCM (check out Inman Quarter along the way) that way the sun is not blazing in your eyes the entire time.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
170 posts
22 reviews
9. Re: In Town weekend for Falcons vs Cowboys - where stay/do?

Thank yoou everyone for the great suggestions & tips!

We decided to stay 2 one of hte larger chain hotels downtown @ Peachtree Center.

Not my pick but when you have guys in charge of logisitics- they are bound to wait till the last minute - & all the great hotels mentioned above like the American / Clermont Hotel were booked.

Krog looks amazing too! & grwat suggestion for lucnhing @ one & dining @ the other!

Edited: 16 November 2018, 07:43
atlanta
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
248 reviews
10. Re: In Town weekend for Falcons vs Cowboys - where stay/do?

If you walk the Beltline and visit PCM, just across the path is Paris on Ponce - quite an unusual and quirky gallery.

Reply to: In Town weekend for Falcons vs Cowboys - where stay/do?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted