We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with what to do when....

6 posts
Need help with what to do when....

Hi! We are coming to Atlanta for 5 days and 4 nights. We are staying in Decatur area. We arrive to our lodging at 10ish on a Wed morning and check out early Sunday. Myself and spouse (40’s), two adult children (26,24) and two teen children (15,13) will be coming. Because of our location, I want to plan things on the same day that make sense and are reasonably close in location. So far we have these things on our list, please let me know if any other great ideas I’m missing! If you would also give me your suggestions for each day, that would be great! Aquarium, Coca Cola world, botanica, zoo, six flags, ponce city market, maybe fox theater and maybe a movie tour. What else am I missing that our group might enjoy? We are renting a mini van so driving won’t be an issue-are there any great destinations within a hour to go see? Thanks in advance! Sorry for so many questions!

3 replies to this topic
atlanta
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
239 reviews
1. Re: Need help with what to do when....

Since you are staying in Decatur, visit Stone Mountain Park and consider hiking up and/or down (there is a sky lift, too.) the mountain.

Wichita
Level Contributor
75 posts
2. Re: Need help with what to do when....

Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
139 posts
72 reviews
3. Re: Need help with what to do when....

I would recommend checking the High Museum, the Fox Theatre, the Cobb Energy Center and the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra for your dates of travel. These are outstanding local entertainment and cultural venues.

Reply to: Need help with what to do when....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted