We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marta from Airport at night Marta or UBER

2 posts
Marta from Airport at night Marta or UBER

Hi Arriving at 1045p onTuesday on AA with checked luggage so add maybe15min and going to Dunwoody the Marta looks like it runs that late but would it be safe at the time also is it direct or transfer involved? Or would an Uber be faster/safer at the time? thanks in advance

34 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,737 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Marta from Airport at night Marta or UBER

Arriving from where? Domestic or International?

Even with a Domestic flight it will take more than 15 minutes to deplane, make your way to the Terminal and collect your luggage. However MARTA runs until 2 AM most nights so you would probably make it.

If arriving Internationally I do not like your chances - might make it if you have Global Entry, but otherwise you are at the mercy of the immigration lines. (and must still take the shuttle back to Domestic after collecting your bags).

In either case you would need to change trains at Lindbergh Station. Check www.itsmarta.com for details, or use Google Maps with "Transit" option.

-JimG

Edited: 16 October 2018, 01:05
2 posts
2. Re: Marta from Airport at night Marta or UBER

@JimG

Thanks for the info sorry forgot the Domestic flight info

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
66 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: Marta from Airport at night Marta or UBER

Would recommend Uber or Lyft if arriving late at night. Just a lot more convenient, and probably safer,

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
66 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Marta from Airport at night Marta or UBER

Would recommend Uber or Lyft if arriving late at night. Just a lot more convenient, and probably safer,

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,737 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Marta from Airport at night Marta or UBER

"probably safer"

On what do you base that conclusion? Lots of people take MARTA from the airport (and at all hours). I have personally ridden it late at night on numerous occasions and never felt unsafe. It's a very safe transit system overall, so I don't really understand how you can claim that Uber or Lyft is "safer".

Of course if you have some statistics to back up your statement then I'll happily retract my comments, but absent that I see no reason to dissuade someone from taking MARTA for this trip.

-JimG

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
19,538 posts
95 reviews
6. Re: Marta from Airport at night Marta or UBER

MARTA is safe.

I'd use Lyft for convenience at that time of night.

Duluth, Georgia
Level Contributor
20 posts
36 reviews
7. Re: Marta from Airport at night Marta or UBER

MARTA is safe. I just rode on it this past Sunday and my flight arrived at 11pm. Since it is the beginning of the route, you will be riding with many other passengers from the airport with luggages. To go to Dunwoody, you need to take the RED line for a direct ride to Dunwoody. If there's something wrong with the Red line or there's track repairs, you could take the Gold line and transfer to the Red at Lindbergh but they will make an announcement if that did happen.

Decatur, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
7,567 posts
126 reviews
8. Re: Marta from Airport at night Marta or UBER

After 9pm, all Dunwoody Red line riders transfer at Lindbergh, so the OP would take a Gold line train to Lindbergh and transfer. Please give accurate information, razerwan.

Duluth, Georgia
Level Contributor
20 posts
36 reviews
9. Re: Marta from Airport at night Marta or UBER

Thanks for the info Steve! Since I don't take the red line, I wouldn't know that it stops running after 9!

Decatur, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
7,567 posts
126 reviews
10. Re: Marta from Airport at night Marta or UBER

I don't either, but the info is right there on the Marta website and posted on the trains.

And, it doesn't stop running after 9, it just originates and terminates at Lindbergh.

Edited: 18 October 2018, 03:57
Reply to: Marta from Airport at night Marta or UBER
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted