We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta - Midtown transfer on 25th Dec

Cartagena, Spain
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Atlanta - Midtown transfer on 25th Dec

Hi,

we land into Atlanta at around 8pm on Christmas day and I'm now considering options for getting to midtown. Are there likely to be few taxis around due it being the 25th? Wondering whether to pre-book a transfer.

Many thanks

Lynda

4 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,285 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlanta - Midtown transfer on 25th Dec

Where in Midtown are you headed? Can you take MARTA? Trains and buses run on all holidays, on a diminished (but regular) schedule.

If you will give us more details on your plans we can give better advice.

-JimG

Cartagena, Spain
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlanta - Midtown transfer on 25th Dec

Thanks Jim, we'll be loaded down with cases after flying from the UK so would prefer a car transport. We're headed for the Hotel Indigo Midtown.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,285 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlanta - Midtown transfer on 25th Dec

"flying from the UK"

Probable should have mentioned that in your original posting - MARTA is not a good choice in that case since you will be exiting from the International Terminal. Taxi is probably your best (if not only) option - there are always plenty of them at the airport. Hotel Indigo is the Midtown "flat fare" zone so taxi should be $32.00 plus $2.00 each additional person.

-JimG

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,570 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlanta - Midtown transfer on 25th Dec

Maybe its just me but when I traveled,internationally I always would hire a limo to meet me with a sign with my name on it.they'd help me with bags,and no delays/confusion getting cab.with you coming thru immigration timing for a meet up may be issue??

Reply to: Atlanta - Midtown transfer on 25th Dec
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted