We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for Falcons game

New York City, New...
2 posts
Hotel for Falcons game

Me and 4 other guys are going to see Falcons vs. Vikings in December. Looking for a hotel with good location to watch college football on Saturday and easy to get to Falcons stadium Sunday.

7 replies to this topic
Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
7,509 posts
125 reviews
1. Re: Hotel for Falcons game

Any of the ones around Centennial Olympic Park. Omni, Ellis, Hilton Garden, Embassy Suites.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,313 posts
103 reviews
2. Re: Hotel for Falcons game

If it were my trip I would stay in midtown, watch college games at Taco Mac or Hudson Grille, and just take Marta to the stadium.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
7,509 posts
125 reviews
3. Re: Hotel for Falcons game

Or, you could come to Decatur, stay at the Marriott Courtyard, any number of places to watch college games and a straight shot on Marta to MBS.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,753 posts
103 reviews
4. Re: Hotel for Falcons game

+1 on Jatlanta suggestion.theres nothing downtown at night.Mdtown is much more user friendly, lots of nightlife.Much to see at MB stadium, gates open 2 hrs ahead of kickoff, id get there about then,maybe a few minutes later to let preopeniong lind shrink a bit.One thing id suggest, i had all 3 tickets on my cell.So i took a screen shot of each ticket,and printed them out.So when folks wanted to buy beer or go to bathroom,they used that to get back to seats

New York City, New...
2 posts
5. Re: Hotel for Falcons game

Me and 4 other guys going to Falcons vs. Vikings December 3rd. Also want to be in good area for SEC championship game. Which hotel would be better: Hyatt House Atlanta Downtown or Residence Inn by Marriott Atlanta Midtown Peachtree?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,313 posts
103 reviews
6. Re: Hotel for Falcons game

Between Hyatt House Atlanta Downtown or Residence Inn by Marriott Atlanta Midtown Peachtree, I would choose the Hyatt House, which is a newer hotel. The Residence Inn is far enough north in midtown that there aren't a tons of options within walking distance for bars and restaurants. With Hyatt House, you'll have Stats, Max's, Der Biergarten close, and can walk to the stadium.

Fernandina Beach FL
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
225 reviews
7. Re: Hotel for Falcons game

JAtlanta is right about the RI Midtown Peachtree being on the northern edge of Midtown, but there is another RI Midtown located at W. Peachtree and 11th Street that is one block from the Midtown MARTA Station and a wide variety of Midtown bars and restaurants mentioned by JAtlanta in his earlier post.

Reply to: Hotel for Falcons game
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted