We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dancing in the Manassas, Gainesville area

Gainesville...
1 post
Save Topic
Dancing in the Manassas, Gainesville area

Why is there no dancing in the Manassas, Gainesville area for adults? I know a lot of adults that do not want to drive into the District or Alexandria (The Carlye Club) for dinner and dancing. This area is growing, dancing is coming back, adults and senior adults are looking for places to dance (not bars). I know of several bands/singers that perform a variety of dance music that would come to this area if there was a place to perform. So what are your thoughts on this?

Mentioned in this post
Manassas
Manassas
Prince William County, VA
Alexandria
Alexandria
Virginia
Springfield, VA
Destination Expert
for Fairfax
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dancing in the Manassas, Gainesville area

Having lived in Northern Virginia all of my life, it's clear that one of the tradeoffs you make for less expensive housing is the lack of amenities in the further-out suburbs such as Manassas and Gainesville. They don't call them "bedroom suburbs" for nothing. Dance clubs aren't the only thing that Manassas is lacking. There's not a lot of great shopping or four-star restaurants either.

Mentioned in this post
Manassas
Manassas
Prince William County, VA
2. Re: Dancing in the Manassas, Gainesville area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2016, 20:48