We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nissan Pavilion Hotels

virginia beach,va
14 posts
Nissan Pavilion Hotels

We will be coming up from Va. Beach for the Jimmy Buffet concert Labor Day weekend. Does anyone have any recommendations for Hotels close to the Venue? We just need a comfortable bed for two.

Manassas, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Manassas
Level Contributor
572 posts
203 reviews
1. Re: Nissan Pavilion Hotels

Hi 1metfan,

The hotels closest to Nissan will be anything in Manassas on Battleview Parkway, Williamson Road, or Balls Ford Road. You want to be at the I-66 and 234 South exit, not the I-66 and 28 South exit, that will be at the other end of town (only about 7 miles, but not as close to Nissan).

This is a nice area of town to stay in with the majority of the restaurants located at that end of town. Keep in mind that coming out of Nissan, you will only have 2 choices to exit as the police have all the local streets blocked off. Your best bet is to go towards I-66 when you exit and that will take you closest to the area where your hotel will be.

I will also say that if you are going to stay at a hotel, you might as well pay for VIP parking so that you can get out of the concert quickly. If you do regular event parking, you will be stuck in the parking lot for at least 2 hours (unless you want to hang out after the concert).

The hotels on Battleview Parkway are the newest in the area. All of the hotels have recent reviews on the Manassas hotels page.

The Quality Inn and Red Roof Inn primarily attract truckers and are very close to the interstate and can be noisy (I have stayed at the Red Roof Inn myself before during house renovations).

All of the hotels in the DC Area are going to be pricey because this is high tourist season and Labor Day Weekend will also cause the rates to go up. But since you are booking early, you should have your pick of hotels and rates.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
2. Re: Nissan Pavilion Hotels

Avoid the Old Town Inn. While they are trying hard, and have recently renovated rooms, they rent rooms by the week, so you can have some unsavory neighbors.

Shame, since it is a nice old-town location.

Use Trip Advisor to look at the hotel options in Manassas and the ratings. You will probably find the rankings accurate.

Manassas, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Manassas
Level Contributor
572 posts
203 reviews
3. Re: Nissan Pavilion Hotels

The Old Town Inn isn't anywhere near Nissan anyway

It is also right on the train tracks for Amtrak, commuter trains and Norfolk Souther.

The hotel also works with SERVE and other local charities and often takes in people with housing needs. It's really not something you would use for any type of vacation or business trip.

virginia beach,va
14 posts
4. Re: Nissan Pavilion Hotels

Thank you for your reply's I forgot to come back here after I booked my room in June. We are booked into the Hampton Inn for our nights stay. I am glad to see that there are a couple of good reviews recently posted for this hotel. Again Thank You both for your help.

5. Re: Nissan Pavilion Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 07:48
Get answers to your questions about Manassas