We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Palermo airport to Castellammare del Golfo

1 post
Save Topic
Bus from Palermo airport to Castellammare del Golfo

Hello,

We are very excited to be visiting Sicily in July, and are finalising our travel plans. We have a flight out of Palermo airport July 18 at 12pm, and are deciding weather to spend our 4th night before this flight in Palermo or Castellammare. We are a young couple traveling on a budget so do not wish to spend the 60euro on a private transfer, and I thought I previously had read that there was no bus from Castellammere to Palermo airport direct, and we would have to travel via Palermo. However checking now there appears to be a direct service, is this correct? How reliable are these buses? From what I can see there is one at 8:15 that would get us in at 8:45. Is this a guaranteed departure?

And a side question, is it possible to visit Erice from Castellammare by public transport?

Thanks in advance!

1 reply
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
1,13,583 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Palermo airport to Castellammare del Golfo

Welcome to Sicily Clare-Greg!

Palermo is your optimal final night base with a flight from Aeroporto Palermo, but Russo now runs direct bus service between Castellammare del Golfo and Aeroporto Palermo.

Take the 8:15 run.

http://www.russoautoservizi.it/

Castellammare del Golfo isn't a convenient base for an Erice day trip via public transport.

Public transport to Erice would connect via Trapani.

AST runs bus service between Castellammare del Golfo and Trapani, but schedules aren't convenient.

The train station is located outside town, so you would first take a bus from town to the train station.

The tracks were destroyed in a storm years ago, and so there's service via Castelvetrano, or a replacement bus with minimal train time of two hours in each direction.

And then you would take the AST bus from Trapani to Erice, or a bus to the funivia.

Vagabonda

Reply to: Bus from Palermo airport to Castellammare del Golfo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted