We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gourmet burger in or around Omaha?

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Gourmet burger in or around Omaha?

We're coming through Omaha on Saturday and will probably stop there for lunch. Is there any place in the area that has a good selection of "gourmet" burgers or burgers with a twist?

B

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
225 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gourmet burger in or around Omaha?

Lots of different burger spots in omaha. The newest chain is Blanc Burgers + Bottles at midtown crossing. www.blancburgers.com. A locally owned and one of our favorites-same area of town is Goldbergs II in Dundee off of 50th and Dodge. www.goldbergsindundee.com.Great Bloody Marys! and supporting a local owner, Enjoy

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
120 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gourmet burger in or around Omaha?

Check Louie M's Burger Lust. It's been around forever yum! http://louiemsburgerlust.com/menu-lunch.html There is also Stella's in Bellevue; very good but not gourmet by any stretch.

Bon apetite!

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gourmet burger in or around Omaha?

Thanks - all menus look good.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gourmet burger in or around Omaha?

The newest " gotta try " place in the area is: Sinful Burger , 4005 Twin Creek Dr Bellevue Nebraska. First street just north of Highway 370 2 blocks east of 42nd Street.

Most unusual choices - Brewburgers - I like the cheesy Sacramento burger. Easy to reach from I-80 at 108th and ' L' street. You can get a Lamburger and all kinds of other burgers.

Decent burgers by Nebraska Furniture Mart - > south on 72 nd st. " Burger Star ". Its much improved since it first opened.

Granite City Food & Brewery on the north end of the Westroads Mall around 102nd St has a respectable burger IMO, as well as a good Cuban Sandwich. For a good sit down meal with a couple of brewski's this is a great choice.

A local favorite also is King Kong - there is one by the Zoo on 13th St and on at 72nd between L and Q - nothing unusual though, just big tasty burgers and Gyros. Good if you are more hungry than looking for burger excitement.

There is the usual collection of " Me Too " places like Smashburger, Fatburger, 5 Guys, etc.

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gourmet burger in or around Omaha?

Thanks Grayhorse,

Sinful Burger looks interesting. Been to Brewburgers, really like their Philly Spring Rolls. Burger Star would be easy to get to and they have sweet potato fries - really miss the ones at Stripburger (3 more months until I'm back there). I agree Granite City does have a good burger - I think it's called better cheddar or something like that. I guess I didn't realize King Kong did a good burger, I've had their gyros and like them a lot, wish they had one of those around here. We heading on to Lincoln so maybe we'll stop and get a gyro there some time during the weekend.

Thanks again,

B

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
120 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gourmet burger in or around Omaha?

http://www.dinkersbar.com/

A co-worker just reminded me of Dinkers. Great burgers!

7. Re: Gourmet burger in or around Omaha?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 19:47