We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Countryside Suites, Omaha Nebraska, Stay Away

countryside suites...
4 posts
Save Topic
Countryside Suites, Omaha Nebraska, Stay Away

Very disappointing. The room was nice, but the owner was extremely rude. I would not recommend anyone stay here. First, we reserved a room for four adults and a dog. When we arrived to the room there were only three towels, no big deal. I tried to use the phone to order more towels, but it did not work. So, we went to the office and told the owner who was working the desk that the phone did not work and that we needed more towels.The owner asked many questions in a very rude and accusatory manner. He acted as though we were asking for a prized possesion. He also rudely insisted the phone worked. He asked what room we were staying in, we told him. He then accused us of not telling him we had four adults and a dog. After this rude accusation and a few minutes of arguing he doubled checked his paperwork and realized he was mistaken. Finally, we got our towels! After returning to the room we double checked the phone, it did not work. Considering the ordeal the owner made of providing the correct ammount of towels and insisting the phone worked, we decided it was best to tell him again, as not to be wrongfully charged. After telling him again he simply responded "oh" in the same rude fashion, not caring at all. If this were simply an employee of the motel it could easily be forgiven, however, this was the owner! We were very very dissapointed at how we were treated. Being frequent travelers, we have never had such a hard time getting towels and definetly never been treated so rudely. Don't let a rude and inconsiderate owner ruin your stay. With so many other options of places to stay in Omaha, we would definetly not recommend staying here.

Mentioned in this post
Omaha
Omaha
Nebraska
USA
Level Contributor
7,095 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Countryside Suites, Omaha Nebraska, Stay Away

Thanks for the good review of an unpleasant stay. Is this motel in West Omaha? http://countryside-suites.com/CSOmaha.html I don't find a listing for this motel on TripAdvisor. If you would like to review this motel on TripAdvisor, start here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReview Notify TripAdvisor of the property in West Omaha. They will e-mail you when they have added Countryside Suites and give you an opportunity to post your review there. A permanent review would be handy to future travelers who may not check this forum.

Mentioned in this post
Omaha
Omaha
Nebraska
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Countryside Suites, Omaha Nebraska, Stay Away

So you signed up for TripAdvisor ( with a bad profile ) just to slam that place? Wow. So how was the room? What location was it in? How were the TV's, the sheets? Cleanliness? Bathrooms? What kind of room was it that would be comfortable for 4 adults and a dog - was it a suite or did you try to cram all of you in a 2 person room?

You didnt give enough information for anyone to even have a clue as to what business you are talking about.

countryside suites...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Countryside Suites, Omaha Nebraska, Stay Away

Hello. You are welcome. It was indeed an unpleasent stay, to say the least. It is directly off of the I-80 next door to a Cracker Barrel restaurant. Take care.

countryside suites...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Countryside Suites, Omaha Nebraska, Stay Away

You seem to take it personally, and you are from Omaha. Do you work there or something? As I said, the room was decent. It was plenty big enough, in fact there was a couch with a fold out bed that was not even needed. If you reserve a room for four people and a dog it is up to the motel to provide a proper sized room. The service was horrible, thus, the rest of the details you ask for are completely irrelevant, as this is a service based industry. But if you insist, check other reviews on Yahoo.com and Google.com, they all agree that the service was awful and some even say their kids got bed bugs from this motel. There are plenty of other nice places to stay in Omaha, including a Comfort Suites across the street from this shady establishment. Cheers!

Mentioned in this post
Omaha
Omaha
Nebraska
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Countryside Suites, Omaha Nebraska, Stay Away

Of course I dont work there. Never even have been there - I do know exactly where it is though and have been to that Cracker Barrel a dozen times. To put up a post without giving anyone the specific location does not do a lot to warn them about that specific business.

Actually the proper place for hotel reviews is of course, the hotel section of TA I hope you took the time to put it in there.

Thanks for the feedback I will be wary of directing anyone that is looking for a good place there in the future thats for sure.

countryside suites...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Countryside Suites, Omaha Nebraska, Stay Away

This motel wasn't on there website, only the other location. This was my first time using this site. Since your so familiar and near, could you create the file for it on the site and I will post my review for it? Thanks. I eat at that Cracker Barrel every time I pass through Omaha, I love it.

7. Re: Countryside Suites, Omaha Nebraska, Stay Away

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 21:46