We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CWS - areas to avoid

Severna Park, MD
2 posts
CWS - areas to avoid

I will be staying at the EconoLodge Downtown. I like to walk.

a) areas to avoid?

b) best place for breakfast

c) how long? how far from the new stadium?

d) safe places to walk to....., Creighton U.?

e) anyplace to park closer but avoid the congestion of the ballpark?

f) best place to pick up memorabilia (t-shirts, etc) for best prices

g) any walmarts (in case of travel sickness, quick gets)

omaha, nebraska
Level Contributor
162 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: CWS - areas to avoid

Yikes...you are going to be walking alot. I can't even think of any of your mentioned items within 6 or 8 blocks of there!!!! Closest Walmart=72nd&Center (about a 15 min. drive) T-shirts all around the CWS. You are sort of walking distance to Creighton and I've heard they are allowing parking there and shuttle you to CWS. I don't know of any breakfast places nearby at all. You are in the heart of business area so there are lunch places. The old market area further from you will have breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Unfortunately there isn't anything around you at all...offices and govt. bldgs.

Edited: 18 June 2011, 02:07
Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
225 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: CWS - areas to avoid

I would also be concerned regarding safety in this area.

Severna Park, MD
2 posts
3. Re: CWS - areas to avoid

Thank you, I have altered my hotel arrangements

You only go around once, so I'm now in the heart of downtown @ the marriot

omaha, nebraska
Level Contributor
162 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: CWS - areas to avoid

Yes, you'll now be right with the rest of the CWS crowd! You will find that everyone is very, very friendly during the CWS. When you go to the game...go early...walk around...see all the fan tents/games/food. Be sure to go over to the big pedistrian bridge and see the Missouri River flooding.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
225 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: CWS - areas to avoid

Good Choice. I hope you are enjoying the series!

6. Re: CWS - areas to avoid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 17:46