We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear to Orpheum Theater showing of Wicked

Gardner, Kansas
Level Contributor
146 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
What to wear to Orpheum Theater showing of Wicked

Hi, my significant other and I will be going to see Wicked this weekend (evening show). I was wondering how much we should dress up. I was planning to wear a cotton top and a nice jean skirt from Loft, and he would probably wear a polo shirt and nice jeans or chinos. I was wondering if that will be nice enough, or should we dress up a bit more? I know that in Vegas as long as you don't show up in a t-shirt and shorts, you're fine, but I don't want to look underdressed if that's not the case at the Orpheum. Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Gardner, Kansas
Level Contributor
146 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to wear to Orpheum Theater showing of Wicked

I did see that this website says, "Slip on your special shoes. Or put on your favorite khakis and loafers - you're coming to the Holland Center or the Orpheum Theater to enjoy yourself. So wear whatever makes you feel comfortable." Would love to wear something closer to the khakis and loafters. :)

Oh, and I should have mentioned, I was planning to wear leather flip-flops with my skirt...they are nice flip-flops, but still flip-flops...would that look bad??

www.ticketomaha.com/visit-omaha/new.aspx

Mentioned in this post
Holland
Holland
Ottawa County, MI
Grand Island...
Level Contributor
169 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to wear to Orpheum Theater showing of Wicked

When we have gone we have seen all kinds of dress from the super formal tux & evening gown, down to jeans & t-shirts.

The last one we went to the "White Christmas", so no flip-flops then...

Have fun!!

Omaha
Level Contributor
268 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to wear to Orpheum Theater showing of Wicked

I agree with FairNorma - you'll see the whole gamut - very casual to very formal. When we go, we usually dress pretty close to what you're planning, and we've never felt under-dressed. Have a great time!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to wear to Orpheum Theater showing of Wicked

Hope you had a great time my wife and her friends enjoyed that this weekend. . I usually go business casual or add a sportcoat for nicer events in the cool months and thats good enough - so the ladies equivalent should be OK.

Given its Omaha, and 2011, you pretty much see everything as people ( younger people especially ) seem to hate to dress nicely for an evening out anymore.

Mentioned in this post
Omaha
Omaha
Nebraska
Gardner, Kansas
Level Contributor
146 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to wear to Orpheum Theater showing of Wicked

Thanks everyone. We went and the show was great. I did not wear flip-flops (opted for ballet flats instead), but did wear the jean skirt and a cotton top. My boo wore jeans and a nice polo shirt and leathery semi-dress shoes. We were sort of dressy-casual. Most women were wearing dresses and most men were wearing slacks and dress shirts, some with sport coats, although we did see a smattering of people who were dressed like we were. I would describe it as "summery formal." So, compared to everyone else, we were probably just a smidge underdressed, but not so much so that we felt uncomfortable. I think I would've felt very out of place in a t-shirt and shorts or something ultra-casual like that. It was the 8 p.m. show...it might be different at the matinee show.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
9 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to wear to Orpheum Theater showing of Wicked

Like the others said, there's usually a wide range in dress. The Orpheum is one of those places that people from all over the city go to. But to bigger productions (like Wicked, Phantom of the Opera, etc.) people TEND to dress up a tad more. What you're planning to wear is fine. I think I wore slacks and a blouse last I went, and it was a evening performance of Phantom of the Opera.

7. Re: What to wear to Orpheum Theater showing of Wicked

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 17:48