We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great new Mexican option > Cilantro's 144th & F

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
193 reviews
Save Topic
Great new Mexican option > Cilantro's 144th & F

We were very impressed tonight with this restaraunt that has been open for 3 months now - we heard about it from relatives. This is in the former Dickey's BBQ location at 144 & F st.

Fast service, reasonable prices - large portions. We started with the complimentary chips and salsa and ordered Guacamole to go with it ( $5.95 ). Guacamole was great - just like homemade and a good portion too. I had the combo ( Shrimp, Chicken, beef, Chorizo ) fajitas and they were excellent - a touch spicy from the chorizo and delicious. My wife has a pork chimichanga that had a tortilla that enveloped a solid piece of juicy roast pork - very nice. We both had to get boxes as the portions were ample - I have not had that happen to me at a Mexican place in Omaha before.

They have a limited bar with Margaritas, bottled and draft beer and a few liquor selections. The menu has a good variety of selections with some Mexican regional dishes that I have not seen before.

Its definately a do over, we will probably not be as eager to go to Rivera's again ( even though it's great ) as this place is uncramped , not terribly noisy and just more comfortable overall - neat and clean and new. I hope not too many people discover it and make it overcrowded or that it goes downhill in food quality like Hector's has. Maybe I should not spread the word!

Mentioned in this post
Omaha
Omaha
Nebraska
Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great new Mexican option > Cilantro's 144th & F

Thanks for the review! A friend and I are always looking for places we've never eaten in Omaha, so we'll definitely have to try Cilantro's out! :)

Mentioned in this post
Omaha
Omaha
Nebraska
Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great new Mexican option > Cilantro's 144th & F

I HIGHLY DISAGREE. This food was average and not that great. They will not last long.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great new Mexican option > Cilantro's 144th & F

Try the Puerto Vallarta Shrimp Taco's, comes with black beans and rice. My favorite!!!

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great new Mexican option > Cilantro's 144th & F

Try the Puerto Vallarta Shrimp Taco's, comes with black beans and rice. My favorite!!!

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great new Mexican option > Cilantro's 144th & F

Cilantro's is hanging in there - and people have found out about it - lines are out the door some days now - darn.....

Another Mexican option - more for a lunch or quick very informal dinner is Zemog's on 108th and Q or just south of L st. on 72nd st. Good food - but a bit bland for my tastes so if you dont like it spicy this one is for you. If you like it with more flavor let them know so they can season your dish up a little more.

Omaha Nebraska
Level Contributor
39 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great new Mexican option > Cilantro's 144th & F

FYI--Riveras is closing for remodeling at the end of June and beginning of July. It is still my favorite Mexican restaurant in Omaha.

Mentioned in this post
Omaha
Omaha
Nebraska
7. Re: Great new Mexican option > Cilantro's 144th & F

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 21:46