We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus day trip from seattle

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Bus day trip from seattle

I am looking for a bus day trip from Seattle to Rainier or Bainbridge or Hurricane Ridge. I am travelling in July and looking to see some spectacular scenery. Which would be the best place to go at that time of the year?

Can anyone tell me bus companies that would do these trips?

Is there somewhere better to go?

We would be on our way home from Alaska and the Rockies.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,104 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus day trip from seattle

When you say "bus trip," do you mean a tour or a public bus? Bainbridge Island can be reached via the worthwhile 35 minute Bainbridge Ferry trip. However, BI is nothing more than a pleasant suburb of Seattle. It is not a particularly interesting destination, not at all what people think of when they think of an island. It is not like Hurricane Ridge or Mt. Rainier, both magnificent sites. West Seattle, an urban beach community in Seattle itself, is a more interesting destination than BI.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,221 posts
1,736 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus day trip from seattle

During a long stay in Seattle last year, I had a friend visit from Melbourne. She took the Mt. Rainier tour with Seattle City Tour and said it was the highlight of her time in the area -- spectacular scenery, mini-bus, time to do some hiking alone and a good guide.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,680 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus day trip from seattle

toursnorthwest.com

toursofseattle.com

evergreenescapes.com

Seattle Area
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus day trip from seattle

The Washington State ferries are a great ride and Bainbridge Island and beyond a good place to tour. Kitsap Tours - www.KitsapTours.com will meet you as you get off the ferry and then you can tour Bainbridge Island or take the full day tour to Bainbridge Island, Suquamish - home of the Suquamish tribe, Poulsbo and Port Gamble. All unique communities. You'll be surrounded by water and mountain views. 5 star rating on TripAdvisor.

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus day trip from seattle

Yes I was looking for a bus tour.

Thanks for all those tips. I will research them all.

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus day trip from seattle

If I had a choice between a bus tour to Snoqualmie Falls or one to Mount Rainier (assuming the weather is good) which would be better from the point of view of scenery, wildflowers and wildlife in July?

Edited: 29 April 2012, 17:25
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus day trip from seattle

Go to Mt. Rainier. Most snow cover should hone at Paradise by July and the wildflowers should be blooming. Keep an eye on the www.nps.gov mt. Rainier pages. There is a weather link with all kinds of links. There is also a FAQ page and under News there are updates and Tahoma News.

The chances of seeing bigger game in the park are slim. However I have seen deer, marmot and a variety of birds in the higher elevations.

Edited: 29 April 2012, 18:46
Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus day trip from seattle

use youtube and gmaps to help plan

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,104 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus day trip from seattle

Mt Rainier is by far the more impressive destination, but you might want to take the weather into consideration. If it is foggy or drizzly at MR, go to the falls instead. Early July can still be damp here; by mid to late July the weather is usually dry and sunny.

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus day trip from seattle

>>use youtube and gmaps to help plan<<

How does using these help plan?

Thank you. We will aim for Mount Rainier and check the weather before we make the final decision on the day.