We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coolest, hippest, foodie restaurant in Seattle???

Southern California...
Level Contributor
35 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Coolest, hippest, foodie restaurant in Seattle???

Going to be in Seattle next week for a few days with my wife. Our first time. Looking for thoughts on the newest, coolest, hip restaurant with great food for dinner. Have a car so location not an issue.

Thanks!

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Coolest, hippest, foodie restaurant in Seattle???

I would follow klsalas' excellent restaurant suggestions and pick a restaurant along Ballard Avenue/Fremont area and/or in Capitol Hill for great neighborhoods, great restaurants and the greatest likelihood of hip/cool. My choice would be either the Walrus and the Carpenter in Ballard, The Bookbindery in Fremont, Spinnasse or Altura or Sitka and Spruce in Capitol Hill. Both neighborhoods are good for visitors to explore and not far from downtown.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
219 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Coolest, hippest, foodie restaurant in Seattle???

Cool? Hip? I dunno . . . I'm not much of an expert on either of those, but Bizzarro Italian Cafe serves up some pretty good food and is certainly an interesting little neighborhood joint. It's only about 5 minutes west of the University District, so it might be something worth looking into. I'm a lifelong Seatttle resident and had never heard of it until I saw it on the Food Channel. http://bizzarroitaliancafe.com/

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,100 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Coolest, hippest, foodie restaurant in Seattle???

had a great lunch at Sitka and Spruce ..couldn't say if it was hip or cool but the food was wonderful!! ( and I am a foodie)

Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Coolest, hippest, foodie restaurant in Seattle???

This is a great thread...I hope it is ok to add a quickie to it...and that is can anyone add a really good Sushi restaurant to this list...thanks

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,629 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Coolest, hippest, foodie restaurant in Seattle???

Shiro's in Belltown

seattlemag.com/article/shiro-worship-celebra…

Interestingly Shiro Kashiba once worked for sushi master Jiro Ono (3 Michelin Stars for his Tokyo subway sushi bar) who is the subject of the documentary "Jiro Dreams of Sushi"

Now Daisuke Nakazawa, a Jiro apprentice shown in the documentary, is working at Shiro's a few days a week.

thestranger.com/seattle/…

Definitely a place to hit if you want some of the best sushi that Seattle has to offer.

I typically go to Moshi Moshi in Ballard. Mostly I went for their bar but I have eaten a fair amount of Japanese food (including sushi). I don't pretend to be an aficionado but I the food at Moshi Moshi is above average to excellent. It also has a fun feel with the dining room dominated by a large LED lit artificial cherry tree. They lost widely regarded mixologist Erik Carlson (who I consider to be one of the top bartenders in Seattle) to Bastille but Keenan Ahlo is a promising talent. If you happen to get out to Ballard during your trip you might give it a shot.

Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Coolest, hippest, foodie restaurant in Seattle???

Thank you....Kisalas...will check them out...

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,104 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Coolest, hippest, foodie restaurant in Seattle???

An update notice: Joule is closed for renovation. Revel is open for lovers of this kind of Korean fusion, although I think Joule is a little better.

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
8,436 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Coolest, hippest, foodie restaurant in Seattle???

I can not comment on the best Sushi, but the happy hour special at Japonessa on First Ave. across the street from the Seattle Art Museum is very good and very reasonable.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,629 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Coolest, hippest, foodie restaurant in Seattle???

Joule is relocating to Fremont. They are moving into the Fremont Collective development on Stone Way which should open this Summer.

evoproperties.com/projects/detail/fremont

rollwithjen.com/sneak-preview-the-fremont-co…

20. Re: Coolest, hippest, foodie restaurant in Seattle???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 11:10