We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My First Visit To Seattle and 2 Mariners Games.

Leeds, England.
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
My First Visit To Seattle and 2 Mariners Games.

I am an English Mariners fan and have made the decision to finally get to 2 M's games on June 14 & 15 as part of a 5 night first ever visit to Seattle. My sight-seeing tours are booked but I also like a gargle as a way of chilling out after seeing the sites and sounds of a city. I am a sports nut but particularly follow my home town soccer club (Leeds United) and the Mariners. It would be really appreciated if anyone could point me in the direction of a few good pubs with good beer, friendly locals, a bit of chat and banter and basically a nice chilled out afternoon or evening. A good all tastes jukebox or background music would really top things off. I'm not a clubber just a good old English local pub guy and I will be staying downtown at the Fairmont Olympic so should be close to most things. I think I know the best pre and post game bars but any suggestions at all will help me have some idea of where to head to get the most out of my relatively short stay. Many thanks!

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My First Visit To Seattle and 2 Mariners Games.

this plave is across the street from the Mariners.

http://www.pyramidbrew.com/alehouses/seattle

an idea...

seattlemag.com/article/dining/bars-and-brew-…

Leeds, England.
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My First Visit To Seattle and 2 Mariners Games.

Many thanks Katzgar. Your help is really appreciated and I look forward to trying the Pyramidbrew bar for a few local brews and also their food.

Cheers,

Bernie.

Douglas, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My First Visit To Seattle and 2 Mariners Games.

You might want to try Sluggers as well. It's very close to the stadium as is FX McRorys.

Shoreline...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
742 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My First Visit To Seattle and 2 Mariners Games.

read through here :

tripadvisor.com/…38017456

Leeds, England.
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My First Visit To Seattle and 2 Mariners Games.

Thanks for your help. No doubt I will try Sluggers at some point as I'm seeing 2 games.

Cheers mate,

Bernard.

Leeds, England.
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My First Visit To Seattle and 2 Mariners Games.

Thank-you Hawksfan. Some serious info. and I think you've nailed it for me.

Cheers,

Bernard.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
526 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My First Visit To Seattle and 2 Mariners Games.

Sluggers is where all the baseball fans go before & after the game. It's a very popular place with lots of sports memorabilia on the walls.

Von's, which is downtown, is a good place to go... It's across the street from The Grand Hyatt, which is where several of the visiting baseball teams stay, so a lot of baseball fans eat & drink there hoping to catch a glimpse of the team.

Do people still go to FX McCroy's (might have misspelled it)? Used to be so popular before & after games. Loved that place!

Lowell's at Pike Place Market has good food, good views, and I'm guessing their drinks & conversation are good, too.

Elephant & Castle, also downtown, is a British style pub. They have lots of TV's, which would most likely be on some games or matches.

Also there is the "bullpen market" area of Safeco Field. It's ground level, near the bullpen area, but it opens up earlier than the rest of Safeco (the ballpark opens 2 hours prior to start time, but this area opens 2 & 1/2 hours prior to first pitch) and has a bar like atmosphere with lots of drinking options, and fun baseball fans to chat with.

Sorry no links... I'm on my phone so near impossible to post links. You should be able to find all of these places w/ a Google search.

I'll be at the game on 6/15! I'll be wearing my Tim Lincecum shirt since the SF Giants will be in town, and its his birthday -- sure hope he pitches!

Edited: 17 April 2012, 13:58
Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,158 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My First Visit To Seattle and 2 Mariners Games.

inside the stadium, also near the bullpen market (which has a happy hour 1 hour before the game where a pint is $5) is the Bullpen Pub. There is a row of bar seats that looks out directly onto left field, which is kind of neat. They also have holes drilled into the wall between the pub and the bullpen so that you can get a catcher's eye view of the ball being thrown by the pitcher, when they are warming up. it's pretty cool.

BC
Level Contributor
460 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My First Visit To Seattle and 2 Mariners Games.

Hooverville is a good bar. It's south of Safeco along 1st,

Fuel Sports bar on S Washington

McCoy's Firehouse on S Washington

Hawks Nest on 1st

Elysian Fields(craft brewery) on 1st

Triangle Pub (love it) corner 1st & Railroad Wy

Jimmy's in the Silver Cloud is a nice calm bar

Leeds, England.
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My First Visit To Seattle and 2 Mariners Games.

Many thanks! Will look out for you in your Lincecum shirt!

Bernard.