We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Seattle in March 2012

Reykjavik, Iceland
1 post
Save Topic
Where to stay in Seattle in March 2012

I will be staying at a hotel in Seattle in March 2012 for four nights with my wife. We will be doing some sightseeing and etc. In what part of Seattle should we stay?

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,074 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Seattle in March 2012

Read this article for some helpful information. Then get back to us with more information on your budget, type of hotel and amenities you prefer and we can guide you further.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60878-c83685/Seattle…

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
450 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Seattle in March 2012

Budget means a lot, but one of my favorites is the Inn at the Market. great views, great art, great service and surrounded by great restaurants as well as the Pike Place Market.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
531 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Seattle in March 2012

Generally, you probably want to stay in the downtown core, especially if you don't have a car. Check the map at …kingcounty.gov/tops/…m_seattle-rfa.html

to see the ride-free zone for city buses (free from 6am to 7pm; enjoy it while you can before budget cuts eliminate it!).

Or, just north of there near the Seattle Center is also nice, and you can take the monorail from the Center into the heart of downtown.

I agree, if it's within your budget, the Inn at the Market is a great choice! Nice view, and you can get up and walk out to the Pike Place Market early in the day when it's at its best.

Level Contributor
33,641 posts
879 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Seattle in March 2012

We have enjoyed 2 great stays at The Fairmont Olympic in downtown Seattle. :).

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
279 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Seattle in March 2012

I'm in the same boat you are. We will be visiting Seattle in March - I have made arrangements to stay in the Hotel Monaco for 3 nights then drive to Vancouver for 2 nights (Best Western Sands), then back to Seattle for 2 nights at the Alexis. Hopefully, someone can comment and let me know if I should change any or all...I got a great deal on these hotels. We are traveling with our Havanese dog, Einstein.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
531 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Seattle in March 2012

Hotel Monaco and the Alexis are both very nice properties, centrally located - I think you'll be happy with them, especially if you got a great deal!

7. Re: Where to stay in Seattle in March 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 02:47