We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging Recommendation Near 1700 18th Avenue

New York
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Lodging Recommendation Near 1700 18th Avenue

Don't know what neighborhood this address is in. Can someone enlighten me? Also, any suggestions of a place to stay near there where parking won't be an extra cost would be appreciated. Thanks.

Best Seller
Seattle CityPASS
373 Reviews
from US$ 89.00*
Mt. Rainier Day Trip from Seattle
280 Reviews
from US$ 134.99*
Seattle in One Day: Sightseeing Tour...
657 Reviews
from US$ 148.00*
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,219 posts
112 reviews
1. Re: Lodging Recommendation Near 1700 18th Avenue

Its sort of central Seattle. I'm thinking Silver cloud Inn on Broadway. Do a mapquest and see how far it is. Capitol Hill also has some B&B's but is pretty residential. Is this supposed to be close to Seattle University or the hospital area?

New York
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Lodging Recommendation Near 1700 18th Avenue

We're visiting someone, but we will have a car. I actually realized I could do a Mapquest search and came up with the two B&B's that looked interesting and within a mile. Shafer Baillie Mansion and Bacon Mansion.

Any thoughts? (I did check them out on Trip Advisor)

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,900 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Lodging Recommendation Near 1700 18th Avenue

You should look at the Gaslight Inn (1727 15th Avenue):

www.gaslight-inn.com

Seattle
Level Contributor
51,250 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Lodging Recommendation Near 1700 18th Avenue

An important tip for figuring out Seattle :)

You need to pay attention to the extentions on the numbered street addresses. Shafer Bailee is a wonderful B&B(!!) but it's near 17th Avenue EAST. Bacon Mansion is on Broadway EAST.

If you friends are at plain old 17th Avenue (no extention) that's a different part of town. "East" is on Capitol Hill. 17th w/no direction is in the Central District which is further south.

It's not too far since you have a car, but not exactly the same neighborhood.

I live near Shafer Bailee and it's a lovely neighborhood. You can find free street parking easily, as it's mostly single family homes in the area.

-suze

New York
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Lodging Recommendation Near 1700 18th Avenue

Thanks. I think Shafer Bailee is about a mile from our friends, so with a car that's nothing. You've reassured me about the neighborhood, the B&B itself looks really fabulous and interesting.

Seattle Washington
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: Lodging Recommendation Near 1700 18th Avenue

Try the Foxglove Guesthouse www.foxgloveguesthouse.com they are a block and a half away from where you need to be....................

Seattle Washington
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: Lodging Recommendation Near 1700 18th Avenue

Try the Foxglove Guesthouse www.foxgloveguesthouse.com they are a block and a half away from where you need to be....................

Seattle
Level Contributor
51,250 posts
22 reviews
8. Re: Lodging Recommendation Near 1700 18th Avenue

Any of these B&Bs would be good. Gaslight and Foxglove a bit closer to the address you asked about but more conjested for parking. I think SB is the nicest of the four. Bacon is the least convenient location (but still doable) from where your friends are. SB manion is right by Volunteer Park, which is beautiful, and which always has free parking without time limit on the east side along 15th Ave E.

suze

9. Re: Lodging Recommendation Near 1700 18th Avenue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 17:48