We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Space Needle Parking

Calgary
Level Contributor
121 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Space Needle Parking

I have a question about parking your car at the space needle where the valet takes your car, is this a underground parking? also, is it safe and secure there? The only reason why i want something like that is because I don't want to park in one of the parking lots around that area since I am passing by seattle with lots of goods purchased stored in the car. (just in case my car gets broken into)

i think they say it's 30 bucks for the entire day, pricey but worth it for peace of mind i guess.. can anybody confirm?

thanks!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,289 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Space Needle Parking

that a tough call. There aren't really any gaages for Space Needle Parking. The valet takes your car and puts in a lot closeby. There is a new covered garage across from the space needle on 5th ave otherwise they tend to be open lots. Car breakins can occur but they aren't epidemc here like Vanc but I'd still be very cautious. I'd hate to have your visit tarnished. Perhaps you could ask the garage to give you a spot close to where they are so they can watch.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Space Needle Parking

They park them in the garage under the King 5 building right across the street.

A good garage that I think would be quite safe is the one up between Mercer and Roy next to Teattro Zinzanni.

That's used mainly by arts patrons. There isn't much street access. You can walk over a sky bridge to the opera house area, then walk through the grounds of Seattle Center to the Space Needle.

Bring a blanket to throw over your stuff. Out of sight is always a good idea.

They usually charge $10 a day, not an hourly rate. Have cash handy, as you pay when you enter.

Edited: 05 October 2010, 05:34
3. Re: Space Needle Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2011, 12:05