We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costume shopping, Seattle or Bellevue?

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
9,781 posts
79 reviews
Costume shopping, Seattle or Bellevue?

We will have a family from France staying with us over Hallowe'en, and the girls ( age 8 and 10) would like to shop for costumes and go out for Trick or Treat on Mercer Island, where we live. Should we take them to Champions, or is there a better suggestion?

8 replies to this topic
Seattle
Level Contributor
51,667 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Costume shopping, Seattle or Bellevue?

http://www.displaycostume.com/

on Roosevelt up near Northgate Mall in Seattle is a big store. But never shopped for costumes to compare with Champions, and not exactly convenient to you.

What about a 2nd hand store?

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
9,781 posts
79 reviews
2. Re: Costume shopping, Seattle or Bellevue?

Thanks, Suze. Second hand store would beMy kids' choice, but I have the feeling these girls want something pre-made, that looks like a famous character.

Seattle
Level Contributor
51,667 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: Costume shopping, Seattle or Bellevue?

Ah probably right for kids that age. If you're in MI doesn't seem like you should have to come all the way to Seattle for this though. Maybe check the malls closest to you on that side of the lake?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,441 posts
1,091 reviews
4. Re: Costume shopping, Seattle or Bellevue?

here is another

championparty.com/

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
743 posts
163 reviews
5. Re: Costume shopping, Seattle or Bellevue?

Last year there was a halloween pop up in Factoria Mall. Not sure if it is there this year or not.

Seattle
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
20 reviews
6. Re: Costume shopping, Seattle or Bellevue?

Display Costume that Suze mentioned at Northgatge is awesome. The costumes are really reasonable also, as is everything. Great little store. Lol, I can spend hours in it, and the staff is great also. Try to go off hours though, as it is REALLY busy this time of year. I get all my party supplies there.

Seattle
Level Contributor
51,667 posts
22 reviews
7. Re: Costume shopping, Seattle or Bellevue?

Yes, #4 is the one that Enzian mentions in the OP.

And it's true, Display Costume, might be really fun for the girls... for the shopping experience might be worth making the trip. It's a pretty special place.

Seattle
Level Contributor
51,667 posts
22 reviews
8. Re: Costume shopping, Seattle or Bellevue?

Enzian, I thought of this thread because I was at TJ Maxx (near Display Costume) at Northgate... and they had a few really cute costumes for girls on display :) I'm still thinking there's something closer to you thought, like the Eastside malls.

Reply to: Costume shopping, Seattle or Bellevue?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted