We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SeaFair Torchlight Parade Question

Carriere...
Level Contributor
151 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
SeaFair Torchlight Parade Question

We have two days in Seattle before an Alaska cruise I see that there is a parade on our final evening 7/28 but have not been able to find the route. We are first time visitors and will be staying at the Belltown Inn. We have a rough itinerary the Space Needle, Chuilly Gardens, Pike's Market and will not have a car and maybe the locks or the ferry still working on that but I like some more information with regards to this parade. In addition to a route, will there be attraction closures ? where is a good SAFE place for viewing (that would be free or inexpensive)? Thank you in advance for any input

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Belltown Inn
Belltown Inn
1,170 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Space Needle
Space Needle
15,058 Reviews
Seattle, WA
4 replies to this topic
Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
5,397 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SeaFair Torchlight Parade Question

It runs the length of 4th Ave between the Seattle Center and Pioneer Square. There shouldn't be any attraction closures. It's an interesting parade-- there's a lot more cultural diversity than you'd see in a lot of parades.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle Center
Seattle Center
1,309 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Pioneer Square
Pioneer Square
558 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,796 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SeaFair Torchlight Parade Question

There are many events / activities leading up to and during Seafair weekend. If you're interested there's a 'fanfest' at the start of the parade route which allows you to see the floats up close (free to the public). More info: https:/…torchlight-parade-fanfest

The 5K & 8 K run starts before the parade. The full calendar of Seafair events can be found here: https://www.seafair.com/events

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
5,159 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SeaFair Torchlight Parade Question

I'd get out of downtown during that time. Maybe go to Ballard to see the locks during the afternoon and enjoy dinner and the evening there.

~ Colleen

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Ballard
Hotel Ballard
307 Reviews
Seattle, WA
Seattle
Level Contributor
48,755 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SeaFair Torchlight Parade Question

Any place you can find to stand along the sidewalk of the parade route will be free and safe. It's very festive. I certainly wouldn't suggest you avoid it myself.

Reply to: SeaFair Torchlight Parade Question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted