We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SeaFair Torchlight Parade Question

Carriere...
Level Contributor
164 posts
186 reviews
SeaFair Torchlight Parade Question

We have two days in Seattle before an Alaska cruise I see that there is a parade on our final evening 7/28 but have not been able to find the route. We are first time visitors and will be staying at the Belltown Inn. We have a rough itinerary the Space Needle, Chuilly Gardens, Pike's Market and will not have a car and maybe the locks or the ferry still working on that but I like some more information with regards to this parade. In addition to a route, will there be attraction closures ? where is a good SAFE place for viewing (that would be free or inexpensive)? Thank you in advance for any input

4 replies to this topic
Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
5,829 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: SeaFair Torchlight Parade Question

It runs the length of 4th Ave between the Seattle Center and Pioneer Square. There shouldn't be any attraction closures. It's an interesting parade-- there's a lot more cultural diversity than you'd see in a lot of parades.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,900 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: SeaFair Torchlight Parade Question

There are many events / activities leading up to and during Seafair weekend. If you're interested there's a 'fanfest' at the start of the parade route which allows you to see the floats up close (free to the public). More info: https:/…torchlight-parade-fanfest

The 5K & 8 K run starts before the parade. The full calendar of Seafair events can be found here: https://www.seafair.com/events

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
5,607 posts
109 reviews
3. Re: SeaFair Torchlight Parade Question

I'd get out of downtown during that time. Maybe go to Ballard to see the locks during the afternoon and enjoy dinner and the evening there.

~ Colleen

Seattle
Level Contributor
51,329 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: SeaFair Torchlight Parade Question

Any place you can find to stand along the sidewalk of the parade route will be free and safe. It's very festive. I certainly wouldn't suggest you avoid it myself.

Reply to: SeaFair Torchlight Parade Question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted