We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shuttle bus from airport to Royal Kona Resort

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
shuttle bus from airport to Royal Kona Resort

hi , just wondering with speedishuttle, do you have to prebook or do the shuttles meet each arriving flight? have had a look on the website but can't seem to find the answer. i am arriving next tuesday-yippee!!

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: shuttle bus from airport to Royal Kona Resort

You need to pre-book, but why don't you rent a car? The shuttle back and forth will cost you more than renting a car for a week.

PS. Couldn't you find a nicer hotel? Bot the King Kamehameha Hotel and Keauhou Beach hotel are nicer (same price range.)

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: shuttle bus from airport to Royal Kona Resort

ok thanks for that, will pre book

South Pole
Level Contributor
41,296 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: shuttle bus from airport to Royal Kona Resort

So you plan to come and just hang out in downtown Kailua Kona with no beach and no car, and maybe take bus tours? That wouldn't appeal to most of those who post here.

Just sayin, you're coming a long way to settle for so little. Can we help?

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: shuttle bus from airport to Royal Kona Resort

we have hired a car but not straight away, we are there for 6 days and have a car for 4 , dont gt there til mid afternoon and are just going to check out the town on the first day. it was cheaper to hire the car from the airport . so we have just booked the shuttle to go to the hotel and back to pick up the car and then when we leave will drive back to the airport. it would have cost us more than the shuttle fare to get the car for an extra 2 days and then we have to pay $10 for parking per day and the hotel so this seemed the better way for us. thanks for the offer of help. if i think of anything else i will surely ask before we leave.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,542 posts
48 reviews
5. Re: shuttle bus from airport to Royal Kona Resort

I can't say I follow your logic...

The Big Island in Hawaii is one of the last places on Earth that I would want to be without a vehicle for any length of time.

<<<<" it would have cost us more than the shuttle fare to get the car for an extra 2 days >>>>>

Yes , but then you would have a CAR.

The parking fee for 2 nights in the grand scheme of things???

At the very least.....if you decide to proceed with your plan.......is there not a place in Kailua-Kona town where you could pick-up the car..or Say have Enterprise pick you up?

www.enterprise.com/car_rental/wls.do…

The idea of traipsing back to the Airport to now get a vehicle...2 days later.......seems costly and a time waster.

Edited: 25 August 2011, 23:34
South Pole
Level Contributor
41,296 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: shuttle bus from airport to Royal Kona Resort

Appreciate your explanation. What you are doing is common in Waikiki, not so much here.

Your car rate must be very expensive for two days to be more than 2 or 3 shuttle fares. Usually there is a price break on having the rental for 5-7 days over four days. In fact sometimes it is cheaper (unless the four days are on weekend rate).

I think it will break up your day to go to the airport and do this, but clearly you are set on it. Have fun!

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: shuttle bus from airport to Royal Kona Resort

thank you all for your advice, and as KamaainaK says, we have made up our minds so for better or worse..... lol

8. Re: shuttle bus from airport to Royal Kona Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 August 2011, 07:05
South Pole
Level Contributor
41,296 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: shuttle bus from airport to Royal Kona Resort

valleyguy, if you do have a relationship with RKR as TT said, then the guidelines state you must be open about your affiliation and you cannot promote RKR in any way.

If you don't have any connection, could you please clear that up?

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
10. Re: shuttle bus from airport to Royal Kona Resort

Well, the "Director of Sales" is back! Of course that bar is the best, they know him there by name! What did I tell you? :):):)

"DOS," regardless of what yo say promoting the RKR, it's a dump, it's mismanaged and its "service" is terrible. Draw your salary, but keep quiet.

Get answers to your questions about Kailua-Kona