We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jolly Roger Bar & Restaurant

Bronx, NY
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jolly Roger Bar & Restaurant

A friend of mine who was in Kona many years ago reccommened The Jolly Roger foe drinks abd appetizers.

I can't find it in the restaurant guide. She said it was a great place to watch the sunset. For anyone who is familiar with the area in bygone years, is it closed and what's in its place.

Bronx_NYMaggie

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jolly Roger Bar & Restaurant

I believe it's been closed for at least ten years. I think I heard that it was located where Bubba Gump's is now. But I'm probably wrong.

Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jolly Roger Bar & Restaurant

This is when I miss TT, he would remember the history. It is long gone, and yes Mike as I recall it was where Bubba is now.

Bronx check out Don the Beachcomer Mai Tai oceanfront bar for pupus and drinks at a super oceanfront location.

Bronx, NY
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Jolly Roger Bar & Restaurant

Thank you for the updates on the Jolly Roger. I expected it was closed when I couldn't find it in Triep Advisor. Again Thank You, Maggie

California
Level Contributor
809 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jolly Roger Bar & Restaurant

We love that location and remember the Jolly Roger. Now we go the Bubba Gumps and sit out on the deck, listening to the waves and watching the sunset. Still the same great location, and the food is pretty good too.

5. Re: Jolly Roger Bar & Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2010, 10:48