We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May a kea vs Marriott waikaloa

Montgomery, Alabama
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
May a kea vs Marriott waikaloa

I am planning a trip to the big Island in June with kids ages six and eight. I would like to hear recommendations on Marriott waikaloa va Mauna Kea. I am using Marriott points. I have enough points to cover the Marriott waikaloa but would have to pay for an upgrade for oceanfront at Mauna Kea. I am not too concerned about the pools as we are spending a week at Aulani prior to our arrival. Any recommendations are appreciated.

1 reply
Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
30,001 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May a kea vs Marriott waikaloa

The Waikoloa Marriott has the smallest rooms of any of the Kohala Coast hotels, as well as tiny lanais. The Mauna Kea is also on a much nicer beach. The Marriott though is walking distance to lots of restaurants as well as a couple of outdoor shopping malls, whereas at the Mauna Kea, you're limited to the hotel restaurants unless you drive offsite.

Have you considered seeing if you can use your points for the new condo style units they're putting in at the Waikoloa Marriott? The Marriott Ocean Club? With two kids it would be nice to have more space and a full kitchen.

Reply to: May a kea vs Marriott waikaloa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted