We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magic mike?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Magic mike?

fresh off the cat calls from watching magic mike, makes me curious if there are male strippers in the french quarter?

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,118 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magic mike?

Check the website for Oz on Bourbon Street. It is a gay bar but they do have some interesting events going on each week.. I saw Magic Mike yesterday and have to say that while it was OK, it didn't hold a candle to A Night in Heaven, which was a movie back in the 80s about male strippers.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Magic mike?

I personally, will never know......

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,369 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Magic mike?

Hummmm, interesting thought. I too have recently seen Magic Mike and I'll happen to be in NO at the end of September. Hummm.....

chicago
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magic mike?

We have a theater where you can have alcohol. I went to Magic Mike with a group of 12 girls, ordered pitchers of margaritas, and played a game where we drank every time we saw bare buttocks! Definitely the best way to see this movie! :-)

As for male dancers on Bourbon...the only ones I've ever seen were on the bar at Oz, and that only seems to be in peak seasons.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Magic mike?

thats a shame. i personally think every city should have a place for women to go like that.

6. Re: Magic mike?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2013, 10:45