We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip dates - need your input!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
92 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Trip dates - need your input!

Hey everyone! My boyfriend has made my night & informed me that he wants to return to Nola for his birthday! (I cannot explain how incredibly excited I am!) His birthday is July 5th. Not sure exactly how many nights we plan to stay, but at least 2. MAYBE 3, depending on budget. We don't know for certain which days we plan to stay - he has to check his work schedule, etc. Are there any days that we should steer clear of? Like any dates that hotel rates will be up, particularly large crowds, etc? Last time we visited on New Year's and it was absolutely crazy and the streets were packed. We were hoping for a more low-key, less crowded trip this time. ESPECIALLY if there are certain dates that rates go up - on a tight budget! Nursing school is expensive, yall! ;) Thanks in advance for any advice or info.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip dates - need your input!

The largest event on the summer calendar in New Orleans is the Essence Fest. It's always around the 4th of July. This year the dates are July 6-8. Essence doesn't pull crowds on the order of NY Eve, but it does have somewhat of an effect on rates/availability.

2. Re: Trip dates - need your input!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 07:12