We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to FQ - Arrive at 12, culinary tour starts at 2

North Liberty, Iowa
5 posts
Save Topic
Airport to FQ - Arrive at 12, culinary tour starts at 2

Looking to book a culinary French Quarter tasting tour through Zerve - noculinarytours.com/tour/….

Our flight arrives at 11:54 AM and the tour starts at Arnouds I believe at 2 PM. Will be be able to make it by the start of the tour. We will have our luggage that we would need to drop off too and we are staying at Harrahs.

Do you think we can make it? And would you recommend the tour?

Free Tours by Foot
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Food Tours, Bike Tours, Ghost & Vampire Tours
Two Chicks Walking Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Buzz Nola Bike Tours and Rentals
Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire, Bike Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Flambeaux Bicycle Tours
City Tours, Equipment Hire, Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,126 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to FQ - Arrive at 12, culinary tour starts at 2

Andy...there's never any accounting for delays on flights and what not. If all goes smoothly, you probably could make it, but I'd be sure to ask (esp. if booking in advance) if there's an alternate day and time if the flight is delayed or traffic is backed up or there are any unforseen delays.

Can't comment on the tour never having taken it...but it would already give you a "hurried/rushed" start to your trip...and that's something I'd think twice about!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,396 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to FQ - Arrive at 12, culinary tour starts at 2

Unless your flight is late, there shoundn't be a problem.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to FQ - Arrive at 12, culinary tour starts at 2

If you have checked bags, and your flight is even a few min late, you'll have to take your bags with you to the cooking tour. If you have carry-on bags, you could easily hail a cab to Harrah's, give your bags to the bellman and then hail a cab to the cooking tour in time. If you checkin, you might lose some time and end up being late.

There are many variables here: flight departure and arrival, baggage (even if you have carryon, if you get on last, then you might have to check it in anyways), taxi line, interstate traffic from airport to downtown (not common, but a possibility), time to check into hotel and drop off bags (the bigger the hotel, the longer the time, and the higher the floor, the more time you need to get back to the lobby to hail a cab), cab ride from Harrah's to cooking tour or walking time.....many, many variables.....depends on how you like to travel! Enjoy your trip, however you decide!

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,718 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to FQ - Arrive at 12, culinary tour starts at 2

I wouldn't chance it. That tour is good, but it isn't good enough to warrant the rushing around to make the tour and worrying if you don't.

AR
Level Contributor
3,592 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to FQ - Arrive at 12, culinary tour starts at 2

Flights can be delayed, Baggage retrieval at New Orleans Airport can be slow. A taxi from the airport to Harrah's takes 20-25 minutes IF light traffic. Checking your bags at the hotel and getting a taxi depends on how busy the hotel is....walking to Arnaud's from the hotel is no problem, but again, time is an issue....perhaps a later tour or one on another day would be a better choice.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,644 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to FQ - Arrive at 12, culinary tour starts at 2

Personally I would do the tour on another day when you're not rushed coming from the airport. I hate being/feeling rushed!

7. Re: Airport to FQ - Arrive at 12, culinary tour starts at 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 23:11