We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liuzza's Restaurant on Bienville Avenue

North Louisiana
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Liuzza's Restaurant on Bienville Avenue

Just wondering if anyone has tried Liuzza's? Haven't seen anything about it on here but found a comment on pinterest about Cokes served in Frozen Mugs and that peaked my curiosity. Nothing is better on a hot summer day than a good cold coke! Also saw they had fried pickles...YUMMY! Thinking it would make a great mid day snack stop.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liuzza's Restaurant on Bienville Avenue

There are two Liuzza's. Liuzza's by the Track gets the most votes here I think but both are excellent. Mandina's is not too far either. While you are in the area go by Parkway Bakery for a po boy too. Try em all. Enjoy your trip.

North Louisiana
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liuzza's Restaurant on Bienville Avenue

So they are both the same restaurant...Well owned by the same people? I was wondering that.....I'll have to look at the one by the track and see which one is in a better location for us to hit! Thanks!

North Louisiana
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Liuzza's Restaurant on Bienville Avenue

Another Question....I'd heard about Mandina's from several people....Just pulled up their website....Do u know if its handicap accessible?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Liuzza's Restaurant on Bienville Avenue

I was just there...but don't recall steps. The entrance is on the side of the building. If anything there is no more than 2 steps, but again, I'm not sure. There is an upstairs seating area. The main dining room is flat and fairly open.

North Louisiana
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Liuzza's Restaurant on Bienville Avenue

Thanks I googled them found the number....Called them and they are....He's in a wheelchair and cant walk up stairs....which worries me about going to NOLA a lil but hopefully everything will be fine! I'm so excited .... counting down the days!

Lewes, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Liuzza's Restaurant on Bienville Avenue

My experience has been that it is not worth the cab fare there and back. There are better choices.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,330 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Liuzza's Restaurant on Bienville Avenue

Mandina's has a ramp for wheelchair access. Liuzza's on Bienville has a couple of steps. The two Liuzza's have no affiliation with each other and have different menus. The one on Bienville has good gumbo, po-boys, etc. It's fine if you're in the area, but not worth a trip across town. Katie's is a block away and I think has handicapped access. Their menu is larger and more ambitious. Mandina's has a large menu but you're best off with the seafood, particularly their signature trout meuniere. Stay away from the Italian stuff.

8. Re: Liuzza's Restaurant on Bienville Avenue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 00:46