We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A question for the wonderful regulars on this board.

Wildomar
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
A question for the wonderful regulars on this board.

First, I would like to thank Herm, Deny, Rodent, Axle, and the rest of the wonderful people who post information on this board. You are all so helpful and your great love for New Orleans is contagious! Unfortunately, we won't be able to join you in May because our trip is planned for June 2-9 but we will definitely be checking out all of the good places you've recommended, starting with margaritas at EGN and the peanut butter burger at Yo Mama's. My mouth is watering already! Here is my question. We will be staying at a timeshare, the Mardi Gras Manor at 619 Governor Nicholls St in the French Quarter and I'm wondering if anyone knows where we can print our boarding passes when it is (sadly) time to return home. Thanks again for all of your previous help and I hope that all of you who will be in New Orleans in May have a fantastic trip!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A question for the wonderful regulars on this board.

The postal outlet on Bourbon St, around the 1000 block, has computers that you can pay to use for even just 15mins. I used them on my 1st trip. Although I don't remember exactly how much I paid, it wasn't much, just a few dollars.

Hebron, OH
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A question for the wonderful regulars on this board.

You can always get the boarding passes when you get to MSY, but if you're flying on Southwest you can go ahead and pay 10.00 now for an early bird check in and be done with it until you get to the airport.

Do you get the idea that I don't have a clue where an internet cafe type place would be located? *smile*

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,615 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A question for the wonderful regulars on this board.

Wallie--I know the Hotel Provincial has a computer in the lobby. If you go during the week day you could ask our beloved Sharlane, who runs the front desk, if you could borrow the computer for a few minutes to print passes. You can always tell her Deny and Herm sent you and that might help. Other than that Porelly had a great suggestion! Enjoy your El Gato margaritas and peanut butter burger! Excellent choices! Have a wonderful time and really sorry to hear that you can't make the May Flok Fest. Maybe in June 2013!!!!!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A question for the wonderful regulars on this board.

Here Ya Go...............

Internet Cafe @ 717 Toulouse Street, New Orleans, LA 504 - 522 - 2020.

Wildomar
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A question for the wonderful regulars on this board.

Thanks so much for the great advice. You guys are the best!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A question for the wonderful regulars on this board.

I'll second Ccolor about printing the passes at the airport- one less thing to worry about losing. I usually check in via phone or the internet (smartphones allow this, too), then print the passes at a kiosk in the airport when I arrive. Just make sure you're carrying the card you used to buy the tickets.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A question for the wonderful regulars on this board.

Call me old fashion, I still go to the ticket counter. I gotta check in my luggage anyway, might as well make those people work.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A question for the wonderful regulars on this board.

Good idea Alice. But I always let my wife out with the bags and tickets at the door. She hates to walk. I park the car and walk back ot the terminal. I try to print em at home and keep with my tickets and passports. My ;wife can't work the boarding pass machine. I can barely work it myself.

Wildomar
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A question for the wonderful regulars on this board.

Thanks, everyone. We are flying Southwest and I think, ccolor, has some good advice. Paying the $10 for the early bird check in will give me more time to enjoy New Orleans and not even think about boarding passes for heading home because who in their right mind wants to think about heading home from New Orleans!

Hebron, OH
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A question for the wonderful regulars on this board.

walliermo, I've never been a fan about paying more to an airline than they already shaft us for, but I agree with you that it would be nice to not have the fact that we only have 24 more hours shoved in our faces!! I did it for the first time for our trip this May and have to admit, I do like having that off my back.