We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old New Orleans photos

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
2,326 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Old New Orleans photos

This link is courtesy of a tweet from New Orleans Online: http://www.thepastwhispers.com/ Check out the Old New Orleans and When Time Stood Still: My Katrina Retrospective sections. Nicely done by someone who obviously loves this beautiful city.

Mentioned in this post
New Orleans
New Orleans
Louisiana
Special Offer
Steamboat Natchez Jazz Dinner Cruise
1,043 Reviews
from US$ 44.50*
US$ 48.00
Experience Cajun Country: Swamp Boat...
769 Reviews
from US$ 176.00*
Special Offer
Steamboat Natchez Harbor Cruise
726 Reviews
from US$ 31.50*
US$ 34.00
Argyle, Texas
Level Contributor
492 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old New Orleans photos

Excellent site, thanks for sharing.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,515 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old New Orleans photos

Simply amazing!! I loved looking at the old pictures of New Orleans, and especially the site about the Bourbon Orleans Hotel. The Katrina made me cry all over again. Thanks for posting this link - I hope everyone will take time to look at it.

Mentioned in this post
New Orleans
New Orleans
Louisiana
Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Bourbon Orleans Hotel
7,135 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old New Orleans photos

I did, jlr (and thank you Soulcat!) I found this link before and have already seen it, but it's nice to see it again! Other than the cars and clothes...not a lot has changed, and that's what I love most of all!!!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,657 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old New Orleans photos

Man those Katrina pictures bring tears to your eyes for sure!!!!!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old New Orleans photos

Soulcat...I'd see the old pics of the Quarter...when Den mentioned Katrina, I went back in as I hadn't looked at those. It brought it all back...the heartbreak, the sadness, the devastaion, the hope and faith and rebuilding. I LOVE New Orleans and her people so much...thanks again!

Mentioned in this post
New Orleans
New Orleans
Louisiana
LA
Level Contributor
205 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old New Orleans photos

Thanks Soulcat. I'm fortunate enough to be in NO at least a couple of times a month and always enjoy coming across info and pics from the past.

Madison, Alabama
Level Contributor
149 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Old New Orleans photos

Soulcat, what a marvelous & amazing site! Incredible photos & thanks for sharing. Those were definitely keepers!

8. Re: Old New Orleans photos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 01:46